Game Thread: Alabama @ Mizzou (8 pm tip on SECN) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Alabama @ Mizzou (8 pm tip on SECN)

Shot well, hit our free throws. Good to get a road win. And honestly, for once I do believe that CAJ was coaching ahead and trying to get the mainstays some rest for their trials ahead. This league is so improved that a top 100 rpi can still wind you up with no more than 7-8 league wins. We have thrown away one of those league wins already and are going to have to steal one.

And I damn sure didn't expect Ole Miss to be a powerhouse.

rtr

I didn't watch the game, but pleasantly surprised that Bama won. Even more surprised that Avery Jr. contributed as much as he did. Tough road ahead and I hope this team continues to pleasantly surprise me. Roll Tide!
    "May the Tide Be with You"

Bama's current RPI is 41. Not bad.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

It has been a crazy season so far, we could pull off a miracle this weekend.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Bama's current RPI is 41. Not bad.
    It peaked at #28 after the UK win, and obviously we have very little room for error. I think we have to at least shoot for seven more league wins and a win over Baylor. That's put us at 19-12?

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    It peaked at #28 after the UK win, and obviously we have very little room for error. I think we have to at least shoot for seven more league wins and a win over Baylor. That's put us at 19-12?

rtr
    sounds about right. I think we would need at least one win in the SEC tournament to be one of the 68.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I saw few progress from last night that left me wondering if we are going to go on another winning streak soon.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    It has been a crazy season so far, we could pull off a miracle this weekend.
    I told a fellow Bama fan that wed lose to TAMU but wind up beating UT this weekend. Seems to be this years MO.

We have a chance at several good wins to add to the resume with games vs. ranked teams- UT, AU, and OM. Mississippi State had gotten as high as 14 but has now fallen out of the top 25. If we can split those games, and win most of the ones we have remaining (especially @ home) I think we can get an at large. Id say wed have to go 10-8 at a minimum in conference plus a win or two in the tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

It was good solid win, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. UT is awfully good. I actually like Barnes and his players seem to be good kids on and off the court. If we could manage to win on the road in Knoxville, it would be a huge when it comes to selection Sunday, but we have a long way to go yet. We need to win all the games we should win and get a few we shouldn't here and there and we'll be in good shape. I' love to see 10-6 in league play, but we have to play better and more consistently to get there.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    It was good solid win, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. UT is awfully good. I actually like Barnes and his players seem to be good kids on and off the court. If we could manage to win on the road in Knoxville, it would be a huge when it comes to selection Sunday, but we have a long way to go yet. We need to win all the games we should win and get a few we shouldn't here and there and we'll be in good shape. I' love to see 10-6 in league play, but we have to play better and more consistently to get there.
    And I bet they remember that beating we put on them last year. We'll have to play our best game of the year.

BamaNation First Team

It would be nice to get a win.