Link: Phil Fulmer Commits NCAA Violation as Athletic Director

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why Phillip Fulmer got banned from UT Vols football practice for coaching linemen

Phillip Fulmer couldn’t help himself.

Tennessee’s athletics director saw a couple of offensive linemen who he thought needed coaching during a drill last fall. So Fulmer, the former Vols coach, jumped in and coached them up.

That’s an NCAA violation.

Fulmer’s mistake was among eight NCAA violations that Tennessee reported during the last six months of 2018. UT released a report detailing the violations to USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee in response to a public records request.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I imagine he was on the practice field and just gave some pointers by instinct when he saw an area for improvement. It is funny, though. The question is...was the coaching given while eating Dunkin or Krispy Kreme?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He didn't like being on film, cause he knew it was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Tennessee’s athletics director saw a couple of offensive linemen who he thought needed coaching during a drill last fall. So Fulmer, the former Vols coach, jumped in and coached them up.

That’s an NCAA violation.

Fulmer’s mistake was among eight NCAA violations that Tennessee reported during the last six months of 2018. UT released a report detailing the violations to USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee in response to a public records request.
I really doubt he jumped!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
He should be banned from games and practice for 5 years
Nah, let him keep on keepin' on. CJP is of the personality type he'll absorb and retain then blow the top in a violent and explosive manner. When he lights into Fat Phil it'll be an epic event. I'll say 2 more seasons max then he'll blow Fulmer up and there'll be enough dough and glaze to stock a puke orange Kay May shop right next to the football complex.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This is why CNS will never be a AD. Imagine him walking out to practice as AD and he sees a DB going thru drill not being in phase??? He'd throw his strawhat on the ground and start walking that guy through the drill the right way!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I think they should give UT the death penalty over this. [emoji23]

But, seriously, as much as I loathe PF, this is ridiculous.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I think they should give UT the death penalty over this. [emoji23]

But, seriously, as much as I loathe PF, this is ridiculous.

Agree. I strongly dislike Fulmer and pretty much everything about UT, but this violation..not worth the time to talk about it. The guy is a coach/teacher by nature and just couldn't help himself. I mean, don't go do it again, donut boy, but I would let you slide if it was up to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.