Approaching lull before the fall

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
As we go into what I've always called the dead period I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for letting this life long Sooner be an active poster on TideFans. I saw my first college football game on Oct. 1st, 1949. I was 7 years old, sitting in the Cotton Bowl watching my heroes, Doak Walker and Kyle Rote beat the Missouri Tigers. I've been a college football fan ever since. Moving back to Oklahoma in 1950 could not have come at a more opportune time. The '50's were a glorious time in the history of Sooner football. Most of you here have gone through the same life history with your beloved Crimson Tide. We all now share a passion for this great sport and now incredibly we get to share this passion vicariously through one young man, Jalen Hurts. It cannot get any better than that. I'll probably move on the my 'Stros for now but rest assured, when the fall gets here I'll touch base again hoping the 2019 season ends with a Tua/Jalen showdown. RTR/BOOMER SOONER!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
You aren’t Sticking around for the white helmet or blasphemous orange hat threads? Once again , good having you on the board, we’ll see you in August. I’m sure you will post a best of luck on the season thread!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Dead period? That's not for a while.

- We're in the height of recruiting season, right now.
- Then there's spring football.
- Then there's the dead period, where you want no news but stuff trickling out of summer conditioning.
- Then fall camp starts.
- And then we're back to regular, old football season.
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Dead period? That's not for a while.

- We're in the height of recruiting season, right now.
- Then there's spring football.
- Then there's the dead period, where you want no news but stuff trickling out of summer conditioning.
- Then fall camp starts.
- And then we're back to regular, old football season.
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Technically, you are right. The period from the end of spring camp to that time when Dave Campbell's Texas Football and other national mags hit the stands is the real dead period but with our class full but for maybe 2-3 additions and a top 5 ranking assured it's time to focus on pitchers and catchers reporting. I'm sure I'll touch base during spring camp with a Jalen update.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
March Madness will keep my interest until the spring game, then I will be sad and bored. The good news I can catch up on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon shows that I missed during the football season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Technically, you are right. The period from the end of spring camp to that time when Dave Campbell's Texas Football and other national mags hit the stands is the real dead period but with our class full but for maybe 2-3 additions and a top 5 ranking assured it's time to focus on pitchers and catchers reporting. I'm sure I'll touch base during spring camp with a Jalen update.
I've wondered what's going to happen with Hurts/Rattler...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
As we go into what I've always called the dead period I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for letting this life long Sooner be an active poster on TideFans. I saw my first college football game on Oct. 1st, 1949. I was 7 years old, sitting in the Cotton Bowl watching my heroes, Doak Walker and Kyle Rote beat the Missouri Tigers. I've been a college football fan ever since. Moving back to Oklahoma in 1950 could not have come at a more opportune time. The '50's were a glorious time in the history of Sooner football. Most of you here have gone through the same life history with your beloved Crimson Tide. We all now share a passion for this great sport and now incredibly we get to share this passion vicariously through one young man, Jalen Hurts. It cannot get any better than that. I'll probably move on the my 'Stros for now but rest assured, when the fall gets here I'll touch base again hoping the 2019 season ends with a Tua/Jalen showdown. RTR/BOOMER SOONER!
Work on the OK folks. Our lull is only until Spring Practice begins.
Spring Training fills the void temporarily, till Fall Camp.

Alabama and Oklahoma know they are in the lull when the Uniform Change Post and
Talk of kids getting in trouble in town. I kind of tune out for those.

Don't be a stranger. There are always things we can talk about.
I've enjoyed your post. Insightful.

Come Fall I hope you will keep us all up to date on how Jalen is doing.

Here's hoping our teams meet again at the end of next season.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I hope for Jalen's sake he doesn't get out performed by Rattler and have to sit his senior year on the bench at OU. Rattler looked like the real deal in UA game. I don't feel like that will happen, but you never know.
I thought he looked like he could use some seasoning. Not being an early enrollee hurts the QB probably more than any other. It’ll really help him to learn the ins and outs of college football from JH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.