Looking like the following for assistants... - Page 5
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    I was trying to scroll through the UA Carousel thread but it was loads of posts with contradictory statements. Where exactly do we stand on all of our coaches?

I am tracking Enos left, Gattis left, Key left, and Locksley left. Those are all offense guys, did we lose a couple defensive guys to bring Sunseri back and bring in Freddie Roach too? We restructuring the whole staff?

I leave football behind for a week and it seems the whole staff has imploded...
    You have really missed out on a lotta "fun!" We've had several posters seemingly on the edge...but stability seems to be reestablished in the Bama Universe. It has been quite exciting with all the supposed insider information.

Seems to me that CNS is bringing in the old guard, no matter the personnel cost, for one last 3-5 year run. I'm more excited than I was last week, to be sure.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    His show cause is a problem with compliance, especially since it doesn't end until April
    But there are rumors of a coach being added after spring practice. I just assumed that might be Bo since his clause ends in April.

BamaNation All-SEC

Hey Jess,

Many, many thanks for stepping in here and clarifying a mounting mess. I couldn't keep track of who was coming, going, or staying. This is a great clarification.
    thanks, Krymsonman

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    But there are rumors of a coach being added after spring practice. I just assumed that might be Bo since his clause ends in April.
    I also wonder if Compliance staff might reach out to NCAA and see if it can be worked out.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I also wonder if Compliance staff might reach out to NCAA and see if it can be worked out.....

I am hopeful once the show cause expires he will then be hired. Seems that is what Cecil is hinting at. Bo Davis made a big mistake and has paid the price. I think he would be a very valuable addition to the staff.

BamaNation Second Team BringLaneBack's Avatar

https://twitter.com/cecilhurt/status...973055491?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

My guess if Lake comes then Kool or Scott is gonna leave and Golding will be the co-DC.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation First Team

This year with the new assistant allowed we decided to allow our OC full reigns over the offense and have one coach have a dual role in Banks. I think this year you’ll have the OC have a dual role and we will allow the DC to have full reigns over the defense. I think with the complexity of our defense that makes the most sense.

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Note the change to the first post about Roach.

I have a love/hate relationship with coaching searches. The "hate" part comes in when you have to balance when to say something against letting it go all the way through to an official announcement. Proactive/reactive, etc.

As I edited the first post to say, I wonder if Roach joining the staff is dependent on some kind of decision from Lake. And obviously, Cecil is talking about Bo Davis rejoining the staff at some point. The issue there is I believe he's still under a show-cause. Cecil may be referring to the approximate time his show-cause expires. And then you have to get it by compliance (and maybe the SEC, going off how Sankey pressured schools over the Hugh Freeze situation).
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    Note the change to the first post about Roach.

I have a love/hate relationship with coaching searches. The "hate" part comes in when you have to balance when to say something against letting it go all the way through to an official announcement. Proactive/reactive, etc.

As I edited the first post to say, I wonder if Roach joining the staff is dependent on some kind of decision from Lake. And obviously, Cecil is talking about Bo Davis rejoining the staff at some point. The issue there is I believe he's still under a show-cause. Cecil may be referring to the approximate time his show-cause expires. And then you have to get it by compliance (and maybe the SEC, going off how Sankey pressured schools over the Hugh Freeze situation).
    Also, any words on butch Jones being off the field assistant and lance Taylor as wr coach?

We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Also, any words on butch Jones being off the field assistant and lance Taylor as wr coach?

Nothing yet.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach (not so fast my friend) all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.

EDIT: The Roach hiring has yet to go through, and I'm going to pull that back for right now until I can re-confirm with the person that I talked to about it. I'm openly wondering right now whether Lake has to give a final yes/no first.
    I asked several folks I know who know Freddie well and he has given no indication he will be on the staff. If it were close, they would know probably before 99%. I would love to see him on the staff.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC

Big A Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    and even more frustrating are all these tweets. Half the time I have no idea who these people are that are tweeting. Are these people that actually know something or is it just some random idiot with a twitter account?
    ... twitter is tailor made for *random idiots*

... matter of fact, I am in favor of some one passing a law that confines all *random idiots* to twitter ... THEN I can go on ignoring twitter, and possibly live a more *random idiots-free* life from here forward
    Bama's Back