Looking like the following for assistants... - Page 6
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Big A Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    One question for you who know this stuff, is this a championship caliber coaching staff?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Looks good to me. Was the last one? NO!

... IMO, one loss, in an otherwise stellar season, does not make a championship caliber coaching staff all of a sudden a NON-championship caliber coaching staff
    Bama's Back

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

For those who say that only a NC defines a succesul season then y'all have a warped sense of success and are in for a lot of disappointments in life. SMH
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    For those who say that only a NC defines a succesul season then y'all have a warped sense of success and are in for a lot of disappointments in life. SMH
    Exactly. I actually hear alot more from Auburn fans than Bama fans after the loss. I pointed out we were 14-1 and in the championship game. I did not get many intelligent responses after that. Seriously though, if we say the sky is falling after that type of season then we are too spoiled.

BamaNation All-American

Always thought a 10 win season was a good one, anything over, great. Things sure have changed!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Two seemingly different things can both be true at the same time. Great seasons can still be unsuccessful. The 2007 Patriots were one of the greatest teams of all time, but only team had a truly successful season.

2016 and 2018 were both great seasons but Bama was unsuccessful in their overall goal in winning a national championship.

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by oskie View Post
    ... twitter is tailor made for *random idiots*

... matter of fact, I am in favor of some one passing a law that confines all *random idiots* to twitter ... THEN I can go on ignoring twitter, and possibly live a more *random idiots-free* life from here forward
    Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; January 18th, 2019 at 08:15 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

I checked out of Paul F. about a month ago and have not missed it one bit...this is where I get my SEC football info.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
    I think you should reconsider. The Jox roundtable is excellent. Even when they are not breaking news they are hilarious.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oskie View Post
    ... IMO, one loss, in an otherwise stellar season, does not make a championship caliber coaching staff all of a sudden a NON-championship caliber coaching staff
    One could argue that this was not a championship caliber coaching staff based on the final results . . .

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Charles Kelly? Hearing possible

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Charles Kelly? Hearing possible
    Who dat?
    I cant really say that youre going to come in here and start. Youve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays. CNS

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Who dat?
    Current Vols DB coach

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Who dat?
    UT safeties and special teams coach.