Looking like the following for assistants... - Page 8
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanInTally View Post
    He took Pruitt’s defense from FSU and ran it into the ground. His defenses were wildly mediocre at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JP was only in Tallahassee a season, though. Not like he was there six years and built the defense into a monster to have Kelly immediately destroy it.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

LOL -from his Wiki page

“Charles Kelly is an American Football coach who is joining the GOAT with the Alabama Crimson Tide”

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    I’m really liking the approach Coach is using for this tour. He went with the youth movement and it had it pluses but ultimately it bit him in the rear more. These guys have been around the block and seem to have that old school flare. I think it’ll be better for the team. JMHO.

One thing I fear with more seasoned coaches: adaptability. It is no secret that college football is changing. I hope these guys with their old systems can adapt and not be stuck in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Lake is a hard pull and if he does come it will be a steep steep price. Then again, the 2 million + DC and OC are not new anymore but that’s the kind of thing were talking about.

Lake has one full year as DC, I don’t know if he commands that type of money!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
    I commend you sir! Your blood pressure will more than likely be normal and you may even live longer! I totally agree with you on the classic rock. Roll Tide and rock on!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Book club time!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I believe he's been with their DBs for awhile and his work under Petersen at Boise St through Washington has been noted as exceptional. I don't think he's quite accomplished enough to command 1.5m but as they say "your skills are worth what somebody will pay for them." With that said, he's a valued coach to Petersen and he's one of their most important recruiters (and recruiting is already a deficiency for them). They'll probably pony up the money to keep him because he's a critical piece of their program.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Believe me, I agree. I also concur with rgw. I was meaning that I think it is far more than just money for him. Pretty sure he’s going to pass and probably already has. We’re good. Trust the process! RTR!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
    POTD BROTHER!!!Roll Tide!!!
    SNASS!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by oskie View Post
    ... IMO, one loss, in an otherwise stellar season, does not make a championship caliber coaching staff all of a sudden a NON-championship caliber coaching staff
    We won the SEC championship, so they were clearly championship caliber. A 28 point beat down definitely leaves a bad taste in your mouth, though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

IIRC, Kelly, an auburn man, turned down Gus to replace Muschamp.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Assistant coaching recruiting / hires = the new Jan/Feb recruiting period. Who knew? Maybe the early signing period allows some of this to happen earlier than it might otherwise.

While we have a LOT of movement, seems like a lot more across the country this year than usual for non-HC positions.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanInTally View Post
    He took Pruitt’s defense from FSU and ran it into the ground. His defenses were wildly mediocre at best.

If he is the DC, best case scenario is that he has a turnaround similar to Kevin Steele, Kevin Steele, the same guy whose defense gave up 70 in the Orange Bowl.