Looking like the following for assistants...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We running out of seats and don't seem done hiring. My guess is that some more guys are going to leave but a professional agreement was reached to not do it until after NSD so they can help finish this signing class.
That is because the ones remaining have pride and are man enough to keep their word! I appreciate that and so will CNS. Certainly says a LOT about them and the "others" who bailed.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That is because the ones remaining have pride and are man enough to keep their word! I appreciate that and so will CNS. Certainly says a LOT about them and the "others" who bailed.
Timing of LUPOI leaving is a little puzzling , unless it was for transparency . It’s not like the Browns are in season, heck the team can’t do anything for months. First time with all the players will be OTA’s in the Spring!

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
The defensive coordinator could literally be anybody at this point....CNS has done a great job keeping it concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think kelly is a back up plan to be co DC with golding
I'd expect him to be co-DC, and I also would expect him to be far more prepared for the job than Tosh was. He was a DC for something like 10 years, including several having a good defense in a major conference. So he brings important experience back to the coordinator role if that is indeed what he does.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
The defensive coordinator could literally be anybody at this point....CNS has done a great job keeping it concealed.

Oh? Seems like it's: massive percent chance it's Golding, Kelly or both; very very small percent chance it's Lake; and lottery percent chance it's some random other name that hasn't come up yet.

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
Oh? Seems like it's: massive percent chance it's Golding, Kelly or both; very very small percent chance it's Lake; and lottery percent chance it's some random other name that hasn't come up yet.
It’s anybody’s best guess at this point....most people would’ve said Lake yesterday, now it’s not looking good.

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
Not sure why. Kelly has more experience and is considered an equal level DB coach.
No he’s not.....Lake is considered to be the best DB coach out there (his team didn’t allow a pass play over 40 yards this year). Kelly has been sub par to below average wherever he’s been. Not saying Kelly won’t be a good safety’s coach, but let’s not act like Lake & Kelly are equal.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
No he’s not.....Lake is considered to be the best DB coach out there (his team didn’t allow a pass play over 40 yards this year). Kelly has been sub par to below average wherever he’s been. Not saying Kelly won’t be a good safety’s coach, but let’s not act like Lake & Kelly are equal.

Agree to disagree. Lot more to it than that/

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is from the board... on internet:
Potential 2019 Staff

OC/QB - Sarkisian
RB - Huff, Pannunzio or Jones
**Pannunzio might end up going back to off the field role. **

WR - Taylor or Jones
TE/ST - Banks (see note on STs)
OL - Flood
**If Sark is the OC, who will likely be Co-OC with Sark? Taylor?
DC - Jimmy Lake, other* or Golding
DBs - Scott (and/or Kelly or DC)
ILB - Golding (CoDC or DC), Kelly or Roach
OLB - Kelly, Sunseri or Roach
DL - Kugliowski, Sunseri, Bates or Davis

* I seent rumblings that Saban has two other "elite" DC candidates.

STs could be split; e.g., Banks - Kicking STs, Kelley - Return STs

I'm curious if Saban want the workload to be more divided equally among the staff so they would have little more time to develop the players?

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Yeah, get back to me when they play UGA, OU, or Clemson. Lake's defense gave up 420 yards to AU in their loss to them.

I'm saying Lake may not be really good, but his path to DC seems strange to me. He was promoted to DC over the guy that was has been the DC for Washington for 5 years. The defense was ranked number 1 under Pete Kwiatkowski who is still there and is now co-DC.

As a means of keeping Lake on staff, Kwiatkowski has agreed to cede the primary play-calling duties but will still be heavily involved in the weekly game-planning, a source said.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...rdinator-to-take-over-as-primary-play-caller/

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Let’s be the first to have a $3million/yr coordinator and drop the bank on Dave Aranda. We have the resources.
Doubt seriously that will happen. Runs a different defensive scheme than Saban prefers. Plus, outside of extra cash, nothing much really to gain for Aranda unless he finds Coach Ogre an intolerable, blithering idiot. If he desires to move to a head coaching position, he probably do that just as easily from LSU.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
That's not a precedent we we want to set.
You mean like the precedent we set when we went out and got Nick Saban for 8 yrs guaranteed at $32million? Why not? It will happen eventually anyway. I know we won’t do it, but next to Venables at Clemson he’s the best out there.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You mean like the precedent we set when we went out and got Nick Saban for 8 yrs guaranteed at $32million? Why not? It will happen eventually anyway. I know we won’t do it, but next to Venables at Clemson he’s the best out there.
Aranda's defenses at LSU:

2018 - #25
2017 - #12
2016 - #25

We finished #16th this year (and the world almost fell off its axis because of it in our world) with almost zero experience in the secondary and LSU has, what, 3 first rounders in the secondary and the best ILB in CFB?

Let's pump the brakes a little on that! ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.