Looking like the following for assistants...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not yet. Saw some talk that this week would be the week. Saban might not care at this point.
Maybe the process has developed to the point that assistants are no longer announced to keep negativity in the media to a minimum if/when they bolt. "So in so left? No, he wasn't a coordinator...just an analyst."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
FWIW I Heard from a few REC members who went to the NSD banquet who basically said what most have been guessing ( Sark as OC and Golding as DC) is true. The only kinda surprising one was Butch Jones as an off the field coach.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
FWIW I Heard from a few REC members who went to the NSD banquet who basically said what most have been guessing ( Sark as OC and Golding as DC) is true. The only kinda surprising one was Butch Jones as an off the field coach.
Time for me to say it...
If all the rumors are correct, we will have one heck of a coaching staff.
Might not be everyone I would have wanted, but I ain't running the team.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with a lot of experience.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with a lot of teaching experience.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with knowledge about teams we play.
HOPE I'M RIGHT...
What I really want to see is how our coaches fit with our players.

It sounds bad to say it, but a couple of our former coaches either knew they were on their way out the door, or decided to look elsewhere.
Those coaches didn't have Alabama winning as their top priority.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Yes, that was the word from that meeting. Sark OC/QBs. Golding DC, but no position specifics were given.

Butch can wait. He's getting paid well by UT. He can stay in the CNS School of Rehabilitation and get a good gig next year or an on-field position here if one opens up.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Yes, that was the word from that meeting. Sark OC/QBs. Golding DC, but no position specifics were given.

Butch can wait. He's getting paid well by UT. He can stay in the CNS School of Rehabilitation and get a good gig next year or an on-field position here if one opens up.
Exactly. I'm sure the analysts aren't just standing around, but I'm not sure they work as hard as the field coaches do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Time for me to say it...
If all the rumors are correct, we will have one heck of a coaching staff.
Might not be everyone I would have wanted, but I ain't running the team.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with a lot of experience.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with a lot of teaching experience.
Coach Saban has assembled a group of coaches with knowledge about teams we play.
HOPE I'M RIGHT...
What I really want to see is how our coaches fit with our players.

It sounds bad to say it, but a couple of our former coaches either knew they were on their way out the door, or decided to look elsewhere.
Those coaches didn't have Alabama winning as their top priority.
I think, in addition to your thoughts, CNS hired a bunch of guys that are going to do it "HIS" way not their way. From some of his recents comments it sounds like some guys weren't focused heading into the CFP and that is not CNS's way of doing things.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think, in addition to your thoughts, CNS hired a bunch of guys that are going to do it "HIS" way not their way. From some of his recents comments it sounds like some guys weren't focused heading into the CFP and that is not CNS's way of doing things.
I think this says a lot about his "new staff". These guys have been around the block, they have proven track records as teachers and recruiters. Most important IMO, they realize that working for CNS will make them better coaches, improve their standing among their peers, further their careers and in some cases resurrect careers. The expectations are monumental but so are the rewards.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Official from Alabama football:

OC / QB Steve Sarkisian
ST / TE Jeff Banks
OL Kyle Flood
Associate HC / RB Charles Huff
WR Holmon Wiggins

DC / ILB Pete Golding
Associate HC / Safeties Charles Kelly
CB Karl Scott
OLB Sal Sunseri

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Official from Alabama football:

OC / QB Steve Sarkisian
ST / TE Jeff Banks
OL Kyle Flood
Associate HC / RB Charles Huff
WR Holmon Wiggins

DC / ILB Pete Golding
Associate HC / Safeties Charles Kelly
CB Karl Scott
OLB Sal Sunseri
Two things I noticed. First time we've had associate DC title. This probably was to help Peter Golding. Kelly to coach safeties... I wonder if this means he will focus more on overall practice to ensure those kids are coached up?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Two things I noticed. First time we've had associate DC title. This probably was to help Peter Golding. Kelly to coach safeties... I wonder if this means he will focus more on overall practice to ensure those kids are coached up?
It is associate HC not DC and IIRC we have always had associate HC on staff. This is only 9 coaches. Does the 10 include Saban?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.