Looking like the following for assistants...
Page 1 of 45 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Looking like the following for assistants...

I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach (not so fast my friend) all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.

EDIT: The Roach hiring has yet to go through, and I'm going to pull that back for right now until I can re-confirm with the person that I talked to about it. I'm openly wondering right now whether Lake has to give a final yes/no first.

EDIT #2: Being reported out of Tennessee that Charles Kelly has an offer to join the staff.

EDIT #3: With Kelly taking the third spot, it's hard to see a spot for Roach/Lake opening up.

EDIT#4: With Charles Huff set to join the staff as RB coach, and with Butch Jones apparently having turned down Maryland to stay at UA in some capacity, it would appear Joe Pannunzio will move to an off-field role. Also, this move makes the possibility of Lance Taylor joining the staff somewhat slim. There is a maximum of one more hire to make, depending on how Alabama assigns its new defensive assistants. Alabama could move Pannunzio to tight ends and have Jeff Banks concentrate on special teams, or it could split the DL, LB and/or DB coaching into multiple positions.
    Last edited by JessN; January 21st, 2019 at 12:21 AM.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: Looking like the following for assistants...

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.
    I just said the same thing about the 10th spot going to defense. I'm glad I saw this thread. So does that mean we've moved on from Lake?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

One question for you who know this stuff, is this a championship caliber coaching staff?
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Thanks Jess. What a difference a day makes. Do we have now 3 former assistants from the Falcons?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    One question for you who know this stuff, is this a championship caliber coaching staff?
    Looks good to me. Was the last one? NO!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    It's a better, more experienced coaching staff.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Suttles says hes been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Suttles says he’s been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

This has to be the most frustrating part of this. There has been so much misinformation out there.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team BringLaneBack's Avatar

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1086330517283172353

Last edited by BamaNation; January 19th, 2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Suttles says he’s been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

Wow, hard to believe he would turn down Locks to come back and learn from the booth but I guess UT money is sweet no matter what.

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BringLaneBack View Post
    and even more frustrating are all these tweets. Half the time I have no idea who these people are that are tweeting. Are these people that actually know something or is it just some random idiot with a twitter account?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team BringLaneBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    and even more frustrating are all these tweets. Half the time I have no idea who these people are that are tweeting. Are these people that actually know something or is it just some random idiot with a twitter account?
    No, this guy called the Flood and Sal hire before they happened.

Hate to tell you guys but I am getting excited about this crew. Really glad to have Freddie back and stoked to have an Alpha coaching our Alphas in the LB corps.

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda