Looking like the following for assistants...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Note the change to the first post about Roach.

I have a love/hate relationship with coaching searches. The "hate" part comes in when you have to balance when to say something against letting it go all the way through to an official announcement. Proactive/reactive, etc.

As I edited the first post to say, I wonder if Roach joining the staff is dependent on some kind of decision from Lake. And obviously, Cecil is talking about Bo Davis rejoining the staff at some point. The issue there is I believe he's still under a show-cause. Cecil may be referring to the approximate time his show-cause expires. And then you have to get it by compliance (and maybe the SEC, going off how Sankey pressured schools over the Hugh Freeze situation).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Note the change to the first post about Roach.

I have a love/hate relationship with coaching searches. The "hate" part comes in when you have to balance when to say something against letting it go all the way through to an official announcement. Proactive/reactive, etc.

As I edited the first post to say, I wonder if Roach joining the staff is dependent on some kind of decision from Lake. And obviously, Cecil is talking about Bo Davis rejoining the staff at some point. The issue there is I believe he's still under a show-cause. Cecil may be referring to the approximate time his show-cause expires. And then you have to get it by compliance (and maybe the SEC, going off how Sankey pressured schools over the Hugh Freeze situation).
Also, any words on butch Jones being off the field assistant and lance Taylor as wr coach?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach (not so fast my friend) all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.

EDIT: The Roach hiring has yet to go through, and I'm going to pull that back for right now until I can re-confirm with the person that I talked to about it. I'm openly wondering right now whether Lake has to give a final yes/no first.
I asked several folks I know who know Freddie well and he has given no indication he will be on the staff. If it were close, they would know probably before 99%. I would love to see him on the staff.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
and even more frustrating are all these tweets. Half the time I have no idea who these people are that are tweeting. Are these people that actually know something or is it just some random idiot with a twitter account?
... twitter is tailor made for *random idiots* :smile:

... matter of fact, I am in favor of some one passing a law that confines all *random idiots* to twitter ... THEN I can go on ignoring twitter, and possibly live a more *random idiots-free* life from here forward :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
For those who say that only a NC defines a succesul season then y'all have a warped sense of success and are in for a lot of disappointments in life. SMH

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
For those who say that only a NC defines a succesul season then y'all have a warped sense of success and are in for a lot of disappointments in life. SMH
Exactly. I actually hear alot more from Auburn fans than Bama fans after the loss. I pointed out we were 14-1 and in the championship game. I did not get many intelligent responses after that. Seriously though, if we say the sky is falling after that type of season then we are too spoiled.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Two seemingly different things can both be true at the same time. Great seasons can still be unsuccessful. The 2007 Patriots were one of the greatest teams of all time, but only team had a truly successful season.

2016 and 2018 were both great seasons but Bama was unsuccessful in their overall goal in winning a national championship.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
... twitter is tailor made for *random idiots* :smile:

... matter of fact, I am in favor of some one passing a law that confines all *random idiots* to twitter ... THEN I can go on ignoring twitter, and possibly live a more *random idiots-free* life from here forward :D
Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
I think you should reconsider. The Jox roundtable is excellent. Even when they are not breaking news they are hilarious.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
... IMO, one loss, in an otherwise stellar season, does not make a championship caliber coaching staff all of a sudden a NON-championship caliber coaching staff :smile:
One could argue that this was not a championship caliber coaching staff based on the final results . . .

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tenn's DC. Think he followed Pruitt at FSU...not sure. Edit: Safeties and Special Teams Coordinator.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.