Looking like the following for assistants...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There is a difference in a guy wanting to climb the ladder and being able to consult with NFL teams AND CNS telling them "you better get to looking for another job."

If you have a specific example of CNS doing this I'm OK with being wrong, but I can't imagine him telling a coach to start looking for a job while he's supposed to be helping you win a NC.
First, I'm a little perplexed about how things went down with Coach Kool. He wasn't known as a good recruiter, but he was known as a great defensive line coach. This is the one that I'm not sure I've seen a really good explanation of.

That aside, in the case of Key and Tosh, I think we all saw that coming. It was unsure if Tosh was ready, and all indications are now that wasn't. In the case of Key, just about everyone could tell he wasn't doing a good job with the offensive line. Now, this veers over to Kiffin territory where it becomes at what point are they hurting more than they're helping? Reports are Tosh was already relieved of some of his duties, so part of what can be going on here is that when Saban comes in and tells them to look for work, he's not just doing them a favor. He also might have been doing this so that he can relieve them of some things and try to put someone more competent on the job.

Then again this is the whole Kiffin situation somewhat, in that we can debate the best way to handle someone who might not be capable of doing their job, but the problem starts when the individual seems to be failing at their job in the first place. This might have been something Alabama could have handled better, if Gattis, Enos, and Locksley hadn't also already had a foot out of the door as well.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
What went down with Coach Kool?
I'm not really sure. Just that all indications are that his first season at Alabama will be his last. It's been kind of common knowledge for a while now, but I've never actually seen much of an explanation.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not really sure. Just that all indications are that his first season at Alabama will be his last. It's been kind of common knowledge for a while now, but I've never actually seen much of an explanation.
Lazy recruiter from what I've read.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Then go back and watch some our possessions again. On almost every pass play there was a running back open in the flat or a shallow route by a WR uncovered. We didn't need a magic gameplan but instead just take what the defense was giving us. Clemson took away the deep throws and Tua never really adjusted to making them pay by dumping it off. Red zone included. Story of the game..
This is exactly what I said in the Clemson post game thread. I cannot recall the last time I saw the safety valve receiver even get thrown to. That is on the QB coach, but Tua should have had enough game experience and QB savvy to see those dump offs were available. I realize those type plays are not glamorous, but they can keep drives alive and occasionally break one for a big gain. I hope Sarkisian will take care of this.

Last edited:

clayboy166

Dec 11, 2008
Montgomery, AL
I agree, I think this thread has gone all over the place. With that said, up front I believe the new staff, especially on the offense, will be exciting. The run should be used to set up Tua to really burn up some defenses. Getting NH, BR, JF and super stud TS the ball in a run first offensive approach will be brutal to defend. My concern is seeing the team improve over the season. I've watched Alabama football my entire life and love "The G.O.A.T" CNS, but it seems like every year we play a great team in game one and we look great in that game. But as the season goes on, we seem to just play the same. Don't get me wrong, we are good! With the talent that CNS has put together every year, you would think we would go from great to insane! We have in the past like 2009, 2011 and every year that we have one a championship. I think the continuity with the staff plays a huge role in this. You could see this on CNS face in the press room after the game. You could see he was bothered.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Bo Davis I bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be..........

Honestly, I want to see a Bama team that not only performs, but shows discipline...............there were times this season where they didn't look as disciplined as other Bama teams, and I'd like to see that come back..............less penalties, less flying off the handle and taking helmets off, more determination to beat the life out of the other team and feast on their mistakes. I am hoping this staff brings that back and instills the killer instinct in them

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.

Lol, this applies to me 100%. I thought I was the only one...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.