Looking like the following for assistants...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hate to lose Coach Sunseri but he was instrumental in our success on defense last season so thank you Coach and best wishes going forward!
Cool thing is that both him and his son will be on our staff. Vinny was a good one and bet he will be a great coach someday.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I love it that Father and Son Sunseri might be coming back. Hope all of that is true! Vinnie was one of my favorite players.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I don’t know anything about this guy, but there is a poster on another site that is extremely reliable saying the same.

Edit: Thought I quoted the tweet. In reference to the guy on twitter saying Lake has offer to be DC but no final answer yet

Last edited:

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
Let me put this in a clear way... Dude has a reputation for stealing information from other people on different boards and try to pass it on as if it was his own source. Maybe the information he shares is usually on spot time to time, but it's how he handle this. Every time someone calls him out on twitter, he goes and deactivate and sometime change his twitter name.
yeah he's a tool and is mocked constantly on twitter

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks Jess. What a difference a day makes. Do we have now 3 former assistants from the Falcons?

Wouldn't it be great to say "No - four!" with Julio, who's kind of a Falcs' coach on the field anyhow, back at 'Bama as an in-season analyst!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What is Flood's reputation for coaching OL?

I feel Ok about the rest, but I'm just a fan. I loved Roach as a player here. I hated losing Sal way back when.
Don’t know about his rep, but he coached OL in college for 18 years, NFL for 2 years. Hard nosed kind of guy! I know he had a show cause penalty from the NCAA attached that has now expired while he coached 2 years with the falcons. To me, he is a college coach that also wants back 8n the college game, and needs image rehabilitation. I think with that he will work hard and do a good job! I’m excited about having another former HC on staff learning from the man. Someone that knows how hard it is to be a head coach and understands why Nick drives his assistants so hard !

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I would be very glad to have Sal back, mainly for the way the linebackers played when he was here. Our linebacker play was outstanding...game changing....under Sal. Of course, offenses were different then.

I would prefer a guy like Lance Taylor to coach wideouts. I don't know why, but I would prefer a younger man in that position. But that's just me.

A lot is riding on how well Golding picks things up this spring, eh?

rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
What is Flood's reputation for coaching OL?

I feel Ok about the rest, but I'm just a fan. I loved Roach as a player here. I hated losing Sal way back when.
The flavor of this coaching staff is decidedly veteran and experienced. Lots of success at many levels and hungry for championships. These guys can get it done. Here is more bio on Flood:

https://everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/Kyle_Flood/

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It's all good. Heres hoping Lake come.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brock Huard-
So, would Lake would take a job with Nick Saban’s team?

“If he gets paid three times the amount, if basically every coordinator worth his salt gets a head (coaching) job off of that position there at Alabama – (Georgia’s) Kirby Smart, (Tennessee’s) Jeremy Pruitt – I think it could be attractive, and Jimmy Lake’s gonna have a decision to make,” Huard said.
I guess if they are talking about it in Seattle, there may be something to the rumors

Last edited:

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I just said the same thing about the 10th spot going to defense. I'm glad I saw this thread. So does that mean we've moved on from Lake?
I'm not sure Lake actually had an "offer" at this point, at least not in an official capacity. I'm pretty sure we at least talked to gauge interest but that might be the extent of it. Having said that...

Thanks Jess. What a difference a day makes. Do we have now 3 former assistants from the Falcons?
...the Sunseri hire caught me off-guard. That was not brought up at any point by people I lean on during times like this.

The point is, there are a lot of people who know pieces of what's going on but not the whole story (including myself in that). I wouldn't bet on Lake being a part of things right now, but would I stake my life on that? Not a chance.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Suttles says he’s been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would explain how to add Lance Taylor to the staff without having to move Pannunzio, then.

nortwestbamalum

Dec 9, 2018
Here is what I think the coaching lineup may look like:

Sark- OC and QB
Jones or Pannuzio -RB( one of them may move to an administrative role).
Banks- WR/ ST
Flood- OL/ TE

Defense:
Lake-DC(hopefully)
Sunseri- ILB
Golding- OLB
Roach( if true)- DT
Kool- DE
Scott- DB

Of course this is just my guess.

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
Here is what I think the coaching lineup may look like:

Sark- OC and QB
Jones or Pannuzio -RB( one of them may move to an administrative role).
Banks- WR/ ST
Flood- OL/ TE

Defense:
Lake-DC(hopefully)
Sunseri- ILB
Golding- OLB
Roach( if true)- DT
Kool- DE
Scott- DB

Of course this is just my guess.
Kool is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.