Looking like the following for assistants...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Although, I believe that some are out recruiting for Alabama.
Maybe their actual "employment" is contingent upon how well they work during this recruiting period? I mean, I'm not saying they aren't getting paid, getting Bama swag to wear out while recruiting, but there is "hired by Alabama", and the official announcement of being "hired by Alabama". Call it a probation period, if you like. Just a thought. Doesn't count for much.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe their actual "employment" is contingent upon how well they work during this recruiting period? I mean, I'm not saying they aren't getting paid, getting Bama swag to wear out while recruiting, but there is "hired by Alabama", and the official announcement of being "hired by Alabama". Call it a probation period, if you like. Just a thought. Doesn't count for much.
More along the lines of "Saban hasn't told Ellis Ponder to release the announcement."

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
You really think Saban is going to "hire" someone and then dump them after signing day? SMH...

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Not saying anything about Cochran going rogue just that we seem to have had more injuries over the last couple of years. We could just assume that it is merely bad luck and maybe that is the case.I just think it would be wise to review those workouts to see if maybe some are putting too much stress on the players' joints.
It’s not the workouts. It may be bad form but never the exercise. I’m certain they teach and monitor the players on proper form.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
It’s not the workouts. It may be bad form but never the exercise. I’m certain they teach and monitor the players on proper form.
Exercise and workouts can cause injuries.Training errors due to poor technique can cause injuries. Also, they can occur when you take on too much physical activity too quickly. Exercising for too long or doing too much of one type of activity can lead to strain on the muscles and joints. I am not saying that is the problem with some of our injuries, but it would not hurt to review our training program.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
On the defensive side, who do we definitely have, and who are the most likely maybes?
Or maybe even complete run down from somebody who's where stand now (at least we know it) for us werking stiffs!;)

I saw where we supposed to be getting a WR coach from VT and I saw a post earlier about Coach Cool that got closed.

What's latest on everything?

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Exercise and workouts can cause injuries.Training errors due to poor technique can cause injuries. Also, they can occur when you take on too much physical activity too quickly. Exercising for too long or doing too much of one type of activity can lead to strain on the muscles and joints. I am not saying that is the problem with some of our injuries, but it would not hurt to review our training program.
Injuries happen just playing football, it’s a rough sport.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Or maybe even complete run down from somebody who's where stand now (at least we know it) for us werking stiffs!;)

I saw where we supposed to be getting a WR coach from VT and I saw a post earlier about Coach Cool that got closed.

What's latest on everything?
I'd like to know as well................but I would be willing to bet we don't know anything till next week

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I think we’ve reached a point where the muscle is stronger than the ligaments and tendons holding them to the bone. I don’t think fitness has reached a point where we can strengthen the connective tissue as much as we’ve been able to strengthen the muscles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think we’ve reached a point where the muscle is stronger than the ligaments and tendons holding them to the bone. I don’t think fitness has reached a point where we can strengthen the connective tissue as much as we’ve been able to strengthen the muscles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
True. Connective tissue doesn't have much blood supply, which limits the training effect...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.