Looking like the following for assistants...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I read that by adding Chaney and Martin, UT now has 11 on field coaches. Maybe Pruitt knew he was leaving. A plus for Kelly is he is a good recruiter from all accounts. Maybe we are adding both teachers and recruiters!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Lake is a hard pull and if he does come it will be a steep steep price. Then again, the 2 million + DC and OC are not new anymore but that’s the kind of thing were talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If Kelly is the hire, I would suspect it would be as DC considering he just turned Locksley down for the DC position at Maryland.
Only way I would see him as a position coach would be if they also gave an additional title such as associate or assistant head coach.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
I’m really liking the approach Coach is using for this tour. He went with the youth movement and it had it pluses but ultimately it bit him in the rear more. These guys have been around the block and seem to have that old school flare. I think it’ll be better for the team. JMHO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He took Pruitt’s defense from FSU and ran it into the ground. His defenses were wildly mediocre at best.

JP was only in Tallahassee a season, though. Not like he was there six years and built the defense into a monster to have Kelly immediately destroy it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
LOL -from his Wiki page

“Charles Kelly is an American Football coach who is joining the GOAT with the Alabama Crimson Tide”

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I’m really liking the approach Coach is using for this tour. He went with the youth movement and it had it pluses but ultimately it bit him in the rear more. These guys have been around the block and seem to have that old school flare. I think it’ll be better for the team. JMHO.

One thing I fear with more seasoned coaches: adaptability. It is no secret that college football is changing. I hope these guys with their old systems can adapt and not be stuck in their ways.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Lake is a hard pull and if he does come it will be a steep steep price. Then again, the 2 million + DC and OC are not new anymore but that’s the kind of thing were talking about.

Lake has one full year as DC, I don’t know if he commands that type of money!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
I commend you sir! Your blood pressure will more than likely be normal and you may even live longer! I totally agree with you on the classic rock. Roll Tide and rock on!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lake has one full year as DC, I don’t know if he commands that type of money!
I believe he's been with their DBs for awhile and his work under Petersen at Boise St through Washington has been noted as exceptional. I don't think he's quite accomplished enough to command 1.5m but as they say "your skills are worth what somebody will pay for them." With that said, he's a valued coach to Petersen and he's one of their most important recruiters (and recruiting is already a deficiency for them). They'll probably pony up the money to keep him because he's a critical piece of their program.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Based on my second-hand experience, most of which is links from TideFans, all random idiots are on Twitter. There are some others on Twitter, too. But not a lot, and those poor folks must feel like prunes in a sea of rotting plums.

My solution is this: No Twitter. No Facebook. No Instragram. No Pinterest. No nothing anything like them. Not only do I not have an account on any of them, I never have. Only things close to social media I've ever been a part of are TideFans (time exceedingly well spent), and LinkedIn (my employer made me, and I'm not there more than a minute or two a month).

Also don't listen to talk radio of any kind, let alone sports talk radio, except at the top and bottom of the hour. Some good interviews then. But if they're, "taking calls," I'm on Sirius Classic Rock.

Life is short, and so much more enjoyable when not hearing the random musings of Charles From Reeltown and his buddies.
POTD BROTHER!!!Roll Tide!!!
SNASS!!!![emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.