Game Thread: Bama Travels to Rocky Top

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Bogus offensive foul on Smith down low.

How many times already have Bama players dribbled into trouble and committed themselves into forcing a bad shot? Getting pounded on the boards and have to hit shots when they are available.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
We've had some open looks and taken it to the hoop a few times without success. We seem to make a strong move toward the goal, but then we suddenly aren't able to finish and look weak around the goal.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Rick Barnes has been one of the most underrated coaches in the country for two decades. The man not only recruits well, but he develops his talent as well as anyone in the country. Still blows my mind that Texas fired him for Shaka Smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember some snubbing of noses among our fanbase regarding him amd Howland, for whatever reason, the year we all got a new coach. Barnes can challenge Pearl at every point.

Back to the game, their defensive pressure doesn't allow us to miss open shots when they do come. The defense isn't too bad right now.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
This is tougher than watching Alabama football, what does the opposition have to do to get a foul called on them? I'm not excusing this play by Alabama, but home cooking is terrible.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Rick Barnes has been one of the most underrated coaches in the country for two decades. The man not only recruits well, but he develops his talent as well as anyone in the country. Still blows my mind that Texas fired him for Shaka Smart.
The knock on Barnes................if you believe all that you hear..................

He didn't develop talent, and the proof of that was how few players went on to the NBA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What was that on Hall just now? The shot clock didn’t reset, so it couldn’t have been a foul.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I don't think I could play Jones any more until he learns to take care of the ball. I was excited to watch him play last year, but he looks really bad every time I've seen him this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.