Saints and Rams: officiating

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My problem with this from the beginning is why is it such big deal now? Since people cannot google, Roddy White was mugged in 2012 NFC Championship game by a 49ers defender on 4th down. Was that one not important too? Billboards weren’t put up. Lawyers weren’t called. People didn’t demand rule changes. But now a team that could actually beat the Pats gets hosed and suddenly the NFL “has to change”. Would I be mad if my team got screwed? Absolutely, but I am an adult and it doesn’t change my life, so I get over it and accept it. People have lost their minds over this bad no call. KC got screwed on a roughing the passer call that actually was not roughing the passer and all we hear are crickets. No one is really talking about that one.
Falcons fans are as salty about Saints' fans reacting to this as Saints fans are about the whole thing. Good lord.

You haven't heard anyone talk about the bogus roughing the passer call? Probably because Atlanta seems obsessed with NOLA.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My problem with this from the beginning is why is it such big deal now? Since people cannot google, Roddy White was mugged in 2012 NFC Championship game by a 49ers defender on 4th down. Was that one not important too? Billboards weren’t put up. Lawyers weren’t called. People didn’t demand rule changes. But now a team that could actually beat the Pats gets hosed and suddenly the NFL “has to change”. Would I be mad if my team got screwed? Absolutely, but I am an adult and it doesn’t change my life, so I get over it and accept it. People have lost their minds over this bad no call. KC got screwed on a roughing the passer call that actually was not roughing the passer and all we hear are crickets. No one is really talking about that one.
People were upset then. People are upset now. Let's just agree that we need to get this fixed.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My problem with this from the beginning is why is it such big deal now? Since people cannot google, Roddy White was mugged in 2012 NFC Championship game by a 49ers defender on 4th down. Was that one not important too? Billboards weren’t put up. Lawyers weren’t called. People didn’t demand rule changes. But now a team that could actually beat the Pats gets hosed and suddenly the NFL “has to change”. Would I be mad if my team got screwed? Absolutely, but I am an adult and it doesn’t change my life, so I get over it and accept it. People have lost their minds over this bad no call. .
Well look at WHO got screwed....

1) Saints fans are mostly LSU fans, a bunch of folks trying to say Brees is the GOAT, and a bunch of Alabama fans who just cheer for former offensive stars. LA probably has more 49ers and Cowboys fans than Chargers and Rams fans. Very vocal crowd going against a non existent one from LA

2) It ended a Brady-Brees SB

. KC got screwed on a roughing the passer call that actually was not roughing the passer and all we hear are crickets. No one is really talking about that one.
Its not talked about because it would've been 3rd and 7 had it not been called. Brady was like 9-11 on 3rd and long all night. So I think most accept it was an inevitable outcome whereas the Saints game was not

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

NFL likely to consider judgment challenge with penalty disincentive

As a possible solution to avoid the type of missed call that occurred in the NFC Championship Game, the NFL is expected to consider a plan that would allow limited coaches' challenges for incorrect judgment calls that also could include a penalty or time run off if the coach is wrong, per a league source.

It is a proposal designed to get those against allowing coaches' challenges of officials' judgment calls more supportive of the potential rule change. By creating a disincentive or penalty to even question a judgment call, it would be used rarely and wouldn't be abused -- at least that's the hope.

One source predicted the competition committee will figure out a way to get a rule like this passed, especially considering that it has the attention of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.