Saints and Rams: officiating
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Saints and Rams: officiating

Anybody catch the end of regulation? Seems like the Saints got hosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

Re: Saints and Rams: officiating

There’s no seems like. They did.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Do they review these for targeting? That guy hit the receiver above the shoulder and there was helmet to helmet contact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

NFL admitted they got it wrong.

https://twitter.com/cbssportshq/stat...708614656?s=21

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

I realize in the course is the game players and coaches make mistakes. I even question the PC; however, the game culminated into that one play at that time of the game. The DB was out of position and the call was sooo blatantly obvious that the Saints could have used a ton of clock and kicked a FG.

RTR!

BamaNation All-SEC

I thought the refs blew several calls against us against Clemson, but that no call in the Saints-Rams game is probably the most unbelievable no call I've ever seen. The defender wasn't even remotely trying to play the ball, he was beat so he just ran right thru the receiver and expected a flag. Also had helmet to helmet on the play. It was a hard fought game both ways, but that call took a Superbowl away from the Saints. If that is called correctly, it is a first down for the Saints, and they can run most of the clock out before they could either score a TD or kick a field goal for the win. I think the NFL wanted LA in there because they think the California market actually cares about football. Now they are reporting down here that the no call referee actually lives in LA. That wasn't the only missed call in the game, but it was the worst missed call, at the most crucial time in a game, I've ever seen. Pretty much makes me think someone made a lot of money on this game.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    NFL admitted they got it wrong.

https://twitter.com/cbssportshq/stat...708614656?s=21

I love that one. Sorry Saints, we blew one of the most obvious calls in the history of football. No Superbowl for you. I was hoping to see Mark Ingram get to a Superbowl, so he could have a national championship and superbowl ring.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I thought the refs blew several calls against us against Clemson, but that no call in the Saints-Rams game is probably the most unbelievable no call I've ever seen. The defender wasn't even remotely trying to play the ball, he was beat so he just ran right thru the receiver and expected a flag. Also had helmet to helmet on the play. It was a hard fought game both ways, but that call took a Superbowl away from the Saints. If that is called correctly, it is a first down for the Saints, and they can run most of the clock out before they could either score a TD or kick a field goal for the win. I think the NFL wanted LA in there because they think the California market actually cares about football. Now they are reporting down here that the no call referee actually lives in LA. That wasn't the only missed call in the game, but it was the worst missed call, at the most crucial time in a game, I've ever seen. Pretty much makes me think someone made a lot of money on this game.
    Referees are humans. Humans are corruptible. Ergo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

There was just a horrible roughing the passer call on the chiefs. Never touched Brady’s head but, you breath in a QB in the NFL and they throw a flag. Ridiculous.

Chiefs got some favorable calls on that TD drive, at least it kind of balances out.

RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

The Saints were robbed! The fans have the right to be livid.
    Roll Tide

No comparison in Chiefs/Pats game. . I can see the ref thinking he hit Brady in the face. But the other game was a direct result. The Saints got mugged! And they directly lost the game as a result. They could of taken three knees and kicked a field goal with no time left.

The NFL should assign a game commissioner or czar or whatever that can immediately fix egregious errors that are absolutely game changing! Everyone saw that error, but there was no recourse to fix it!
    Last edited by bamaga; January 20th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    The Saints were robbed! The fans have the right to be livid.
    I am all torn up over it too.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll