What is Brent Venables waiting for?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Idk why he should. 20 years ago how many NCAA or even NFL coaches were making 2+ million a year??? Probably not too many.
Exactly. If you do something you enjoy and can make a living, you should be happy. If you do something you enjoy and make that kind of money, you should just laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm surprised more of these guys don't just retire at an early age and enjoy life. Of course, when they are doing what they like, I suppose they are enjoying life and being paid handsomely to do so.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Exactly. If you do something you enjoy and can make a living, you should be happy. If you do something you enjoy and make that kind of money, you should just laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm surprised more of these guys don't just retire at an early age and enjoy life. Of course, when they are doing what they like, I suppose they are enjoying life and being paid handsomely to do so.
I think it’s the drive and passion they have. Money doesn’t matter anymore after so many years.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Simple, he’s said numerous times he’s not going anywhere until his son graduates, and even then it’s gotta be something nice. He’s making over 2 mil a year. Hasn’t he turned down a lot of smaller jobs as Oklahoma and Clemson DC?

Dabo has done a great job keeping his staff together, it’s a big reason they’ve won 2 of 3.
" Venables had been previously reported to be a candidate for the head coaching position at a number of schools including Miami,[SUP][5][/SUP]Kansas,[SUP][6][/SUP], Kansas State, Clemson[SUP][1][/SUP] and Texas Tech.[SUP][7]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Venables

[/SUP]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.