2019 NFL Draft Process Thread

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The Cardinals have been floating it out there (taking Murray #1) to see if it would generate ticket sales...it hasn't. They would happily take a trade for Murray...
Didn't hear it all, but heard on the radio the Raiders were planning on moving to number 1 and getting Murray. That feels like a mistake to me, but could just be a rumor. The price would be very steep; not convinced at all Murray is a no brainer or generational QB to make such a move. But you know how Chucky rolls.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
There are so many rumors right now. Probably more than half of them are lies because A. Teams think its fun and B. they think there is some advantage to them (maybe there is but it can't be that significant.)

Could see the Cardinals, Raiders or Redskins ending up with Murray. Guess we'll find out soon enough. I hope Q goes #1 even though I don't think its likely.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There are so many rumors right now. Probably more than half of them are lies because A. Teams think its fun and B. they think there is some advantage to them (maybe there is but it can't be that significant.)

Could see the Cardinals, Raiders or Redskins ending up with Murray. Guess we'll find out soon enough. I hope Q goes #1 even though I don't think its likely.
All he rumors are pointless when a very high number of these guys will be busts and they have no way of knowing who will be a bust.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I might be wrong, but I don't think KM will be a can't miss pick. NFL defenses will neutralize what made him so special against Big 12 defenses.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Didn't hear it all, but heard on the radio the Raiders were planning on moving to number 1 and getting Murray. That feels like a mistake to me, but could just be a rumor. The price would be very steep; not convinced at all Murray is a no brainer or generational QB to make such a move. But you know how Chucky rolls.
I agree. I just can't see him making it in the NFL and would not use a first round choice on him. Now, I don't watch NFL football any longer so this judgment is based on the thought that his size wouldn't hold up to big hits. From what some of you say, though, they really protect QBs in the NFL like they are wearing diapers these days, so he may be able to do well in that environment. He showed some toughness against us, but that wasn't exactly our best defense of the last few years. Anyway, it seems there are teams willing to gamble on him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I might be wrong, but I don't think KM will be a can't miss pick. NFL defenses will neutralize what made him so special against Big 12 defenses.
He will not be. What we did to him in the 1st half of the Orange Bowl, they will do to him the entire game. It is a mammoth mistake to take him 1st overall, but so many of these teams are run by idiots so it is no surprise. Or this has all been a ruse by the Cardinals.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He will not be. What we did to him in the 1st half of the Orange Bowl, they will do to him the entire game. It is a mammoth mistake to take him 1st overall, but so many of these teams are run by idiots so it is no surprise. Or this has all been a ruse by the Cardinals.
I have always wondered how on Earth some of these owners became billionaires because they make some really dumb mistakes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have always wondered how on Earth some of these owners became billionaires because they make some really dumb mistakes.
Because some owners don't get involved in the personnel department. They hire GMs and coaches and let them make the decisions.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I guess the better question is how do they stay billionaires?
Because people are going to buy tickets to the games whether the teams suck or not, and they are certainly going to watch them on TV. Money will be made whether the teams win or lose. It's why the Browns have never really "had" to get better, although they may be trying to get their act together now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Because people are going to buy tickets to the games whether the teams suck or not, and they are certainly going to watch them on TV. Money will be made whether the teams win or lose. It's why the Browns have never really "had" to get better, although they may be trying to get their act together now.
And these guys have other businesses and investments that make money. They might be really good businessmen but make bad football decisions.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
And these guys have other businesses and investments that make money. They might be really good businessmen but make bad football decisions.
Definitely. It boggles the mind every year, especially with someone like Jerry Jones. They can't help themselves.

As for the scouts and general management, I think they over analyze to a certain extent, and it causes them to pass on prospects that would have worked better than the ones they choose.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Submitted for your approval: Jerruh Jones.

He is in bidnis to make money. He makes money by getting folks to attend games. Pay outlandish parking fees, ridiculous concession prices, but he let's you shop at a Victoria's Secret, when the product on the field is doo-doo.

Doesn't care who buys the tickets, as long as someone does. I've heard that most of the seats are filled by fans of the visiting team. Fans is fans. Some of them will go home happy; some won't. As long as they come back next time, that is all that matters.

They just have to put on a show that is entertaining.

(He also can use his personal shrine to excess to house concerts and monster truck shows. It all pays the same.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.