2019 NFL Draft Process Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Process Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I have always wondered how on Earth some of these owners became billionaires because they make some really dumb mistakes.
    Because some owners don't get involved in the personnel department. They hire GMs and coaches and let them make the decisions.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Because some owners don't get involved in the personnel department. They hire GMs and coaches and let them make the decisions.
    I guess the better question is how do they stay billionaires?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I guess the better question is how do they stay billionaires?
    Because people are going to buy tickets to the games whether the teams suck or not, and they are certainly going to watch them on TV. Money will be made whether the teams win or lose. It's why the Browns have never really "had" to get better, although they may be trying to get their act together now.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Because people are going to buy tickets to the games whether the teams suck or not, and they are certainly going to watch them on TV. Money will be made whether the teams win or lose. It's why the Browns have never really "had" to get better, although they may be trying to get their act together now.
    And these guys have other businesses and investments that make money. They might be really good businessmen but make bad football decisions.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    And these guys have other businesses and investments that make money. They might be really good businessmen but make bad football decisions.
    Definitely. It boggles the mind every year, especially with someone like Jerry Jones. They can't help themselves.

As for the scouts and general management, I think they over analyze to a certain extent, and it causes them to pass on prospects that would have worked better than the ones they choose.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I just hope Q goes somewhere that will allow him to flourish. #1 pick may not be that ticket.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I just hope Q goes somewhere that will allow him to flourish. #1 pick may not be that ticket.
    I wish the Falcons would trade up to get him, but they would have to give away their draft to get him.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Submitted for your approval: Jerruh Jones.

He is in bidnis to make money. He makes money by getting folks to attend games. Pay outlandish parking fees, ridiculous concession prices, but he let's you shop at a Victoria's Secret, when the product on the field is doo-doo.

Doesn't care who buys the tickets, as long as someone does. I've heard that most of the seats are filled by fans of the visiting team. Fans is fans. Some of them will go home happy; some won't. As long as they come back next time, that is all that matters.

They just have to put on a show that is entertaining.

(He also can use his personal shrine to excess to house concerts and monster truck shows. It all pays the same.)
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Idk I think hes the kinda guy that will be a good player anywhere he goes. Get that money.