2019 NFL Draft Process Thread

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Wilson and Thompson are perhaps the two worst early entrants that Saban has had that I can remember. They both could have been top 15 picks next year if they came back and improved. They may have had other reasons for leaving but from a football perspective they needed another year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wilson and Thompson are perhaps the two worst early entrants that Saban has had that I can remember. They both could have been top 15 picks next year if they came back and improved. They may have had other reasons for leaving but from a football perspective they needed another year.
Adrian Hubbard is a clear #1 in that category followed by Vinnie Sunseri.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hubbard and Vinnie may have been maxed out. Hubbard had been in the program for 4 years and Vinnie was coming off a good season. I'm not sure how much more they could have improved their stock.
Hubbard was in his RS Junior year when he declared (same as Thompson). He went undrafted. Either he was going to be undrafted no matter what, or he could have clearly improved his stock.
Vinnie was having a good junior season before tearing his ACL, which is why he went in the fifth round.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
At least with Sunseri he wasn't coming from a bad family situation so no matter what his parents were going to be able to give him a financial booster to start a career on a strong footing. Turns out he's in coaching now which was probably the end game regardless. I don't know about Thompson and others.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Regarding the Underclassman who should have come back to school:

I sure wish they wouldn't have called these players out like that. That is going to hurt some feelings and cause all kind of an uproar on twitter.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Hubbard was in his RS Junior year when he declared (same as Thompson). He went undrafted. Either he was going to be undrafted no matter what, or he could have clearly improved his stock.
Vinnie was having a good junior season before tearing his ACL, which is why he went in the fifth round.
I seem to recall that Hubbard was also at odds with the staff, and maybe his position coach about his playing time, so for good or bad that likely impacted his decision.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I seem to recall that Hubbard was also at odds with the staff, and maybe his position coach about his playing time, so for good or bad that likely impacted his decision.
Think you're right. There was an issue or two between Hubbard and the staff. For his sake, it was probably a poor decision. For Alabama's sake, it was probably a benefit in the long run.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There are certain individuals that keep pushing the Jonah Williams arms are too short agenda. Me thinks there are some teams that need a tackle are keeping this out there. I am hearing it a lot in Atlanta, just saying.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There are certain individuals that keep pushing the Jonah Williams arms are too short agenda. Me thinks there are some teams that need a tackle are keeping this out there. I am hearing it a lot in Atlanta, just saying.
That is how the process works. Some team really wants him and trying to deflate his value so they can get him at where they're drafting or for a "better value" when they trade up to get him after making him fall down a bit.

This is why these young men need to have their resume locked down before going pro because these franchises are all trying to screw you in this process. Williams won't get hurt too much by this because he's maxed out as a college prospect.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Think you're right. There was an issue or two between Hubbard and the staff. For his sake, it was probably a poor decision. For Alabama's sake, it was probably a benefit in the long run.
Hubbard has said some stuff on social media before. I think even some stuff somewhat recently(within the past year or so) that points to him having issues with staff here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
May have been a poor decision but I don't think Hubbard was a NFL player.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Didn't hear it all, but heard on the radio the Raiders were planning on moving to number 1 and getting Murray. That feels like a mistake to me, but could just be a rumor. The price would be very steep; not convinced at all Murray is a no brainer or generational QB to make such a move. But you know how Chucky rolls.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.