2019 NFL Draft Process Thread

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Y’all are talking about a team that pushed all their chips in on a mediocre Texas Tech Coach. They are hoping for lightning in a bottle and some Baker Mayfield / Patrick Mahomes hybrid in KM. I think it’s going to be an absolute disaster but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I say let them!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Josh Jacobs ran 4.60 and Mack Wilson 4.68 at the Alabama pro day today. Honestly expected a little faster from each guy. Doubt Mack is a first rounder with that time considering Devin White ran in the 4.4s. Jacobs was not labeled a burner but I’d assume most NFL scouts / GMs expected him to be a tick faster..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Josh Jacobs ran 4.60 and Mack Wilson 4.68 at the Alabama pro day today. Honestly expected a little faster from each guy. Doubt Mack is a first rounder with that time considering Devin White ran in the 4.4s. Jacobs was not labeled a burner but I’d assume most NFL scouts / GMs expected him to be a tick faster..
I'm surprised by Mack's time. Not so much Jacobs.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't think Mack was going to be a first rounder but certainly not after that time. I did see some "experts" saying the time Josh ran are for 2nd rounders and above and may have cost him. Some said Damien may have moved ahead of him for the #1 RB spot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think Mack was going to be a first rounder but certainly not after that time. I did see some "experts" saying the time Josh ran are for 2nd rounders and above and may have cost him. Some said Damien may have moved ahead of him for the #1 RB spot.
If I were an NFL GM, I would take Jacobs over DH 10 times out of 10. He is a more aggressive runner, a better pass catcher, and more elusive in the open field. DH is faster, but not blazing fast - not enough faster for it to matter.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If I were an NFL GM, I would take Jacobs over DH 10 times out of 10. He is a more aggressive runner, a better pass catcher, and more elusive in the open field. DH is faster, but not blazing fast - not enough faster for it to matter.
Dame ain't faster than him in a football game.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think Mark Barron just hurt Mack's only chance at being a first rounder. The Steelers needed and got an ILB...Mack will be stud if he gets to work and stays off of Twitter...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Dame ain't faster than him in a football game.
Straight line speed, I would say he is faster. Damien actually has several long runs on his resume, whereas Jacobs only had one of over 20 yards last year. But Jacobs makes decisions quicker, cuts quicker, and is more elusive, which may be what you're referring to. IMO, he is the better all around back. But Damien has a great future in NFL, IMO.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Straight line speed, I would say he is faster. Damien actually has several long runs on his resume, whereas Jacobs only had one of over 20 yards last year. But Jacobs makes decisions quicker, cuts quicker, and is more elusive, which may be what you're referring to. IMO, he is the better all around back. But Damien has a great future in NFL, IMO.
I think Damien Harris has as good of an initial burst as any back we've had but he's also shown some issues with endurance/maintaining speed over distance. He was never really asked to take on a big workload and often got passed by another back by the end of the season in the carries distribution. Luckily the NFL doesn't really look for workhorse backs anymore but I think it is clear that Jacobs is closer to the "stock NFL back" these days than Harris. There aren't many 20+ yard runs out there for an NFL back. It is about your ability to turn 2-3 yarders into 4-6 yarders and contributions in the passing game. In that regard Jacobs is the best back for the NFL.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Damien Harris has as good of an initial burst as any back we've had but he's also shown some issues with endurance/maintaining speed over distance. He was never really asked to take on a big workload and often got passed by another back by the end of the season in the carries distribution. Luckily the NFL doesn't really look for workhorse backs anymore but I think it is clear that Jacobs is closer to the "stock NFL back" these days than Harris. There aren't many 20+ yard runs out there for an NFL back. It is about your ability to turn 2-3 yarders into 4-6 yarders and contributions in the passing game. In that regard Jacobs is the best back for the NFL.
True. And I didn't even mention Jacobs ability in the passing game, which probably truly sets him apart from all the rest in this draft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.