Game Thread: Ole Miss @ Alabama (8:00 tip on ESPNU) - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Ole Miss @ Alabama (8:00 tip on ESPNU)

Great win! Like I said earlier hopefully we’ve captured something for the long haul.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Couldn't really watch but was able to keep up with the game while doing some work at home but what a win! Roll Tide!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American

agreed but i wouldnt say salvage.. still 13 regular season games left. Plenty of time to write our story for this, season even with a slip or 2..we already have some very impressive wins

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    I hate the term “moral victory”, but this team has looked like a different team since the 2nd half of the Tennessee game. Maybe hanging with the #1 team on their home court was the shot of confidence the guys needed.

Great all-around performance tonight. Was a complete game in both phases. Ball was spread well. This is an important week if we hope to salvage tourney hopes, so hopefully we can keep the momentum moving in the right direction against Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

This is the team I thought they could be this year. If we continue to play defense like we did tonight. Watch out.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

That was a great win. I felt real good about the game when we kinda lost our steam on offense early in 2nd half but still played good defense throughout. Let's take this effort to Waco.

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar

I just hope it doesn't turn into another one of those seasons where Bama wins games it shouldn't win but loses games it shouldn't lose.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tider n LA View Post
    I just hope it doesn't turn into another one of those seasons where Bama wins games it shouldn't win but loses games it shouldn't lose.
    They have to keep their minds right. Every night deserves sustained effort like they showed last night. Hopefully Petty continues to play like an all-star too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tider n LA View Post
    This is actually what I am curious to see over the next few games. Under CAJ, we seem to over-perform at times and then under-perform at times. If we can get consistent effort like last night's game, we can be very good. I hope we do it. Roll Tide!

BamaNation All-American

This is actually a pretty good team, but it is not a juggernaut by any means. We can win every remaining game or we could lose 7 or 8 more games. My thoughts are that we should be around 20 wins when the conference schedule ends going into the SEC tourney. We have 13 regular season games left which means we go 8-5 in the remaining games. To go 8-5, we need to play the way we did last night on a consistent basis.

Just got bummed. Even after last night, Warren Nolan has Alabama going 5-8 to end the season 17-14 with a RPI of 79. Thinks Alabama goes 4-2 at home. Can't afford to do that. Need to win out at home and steal one on the road, which would put Alabama at 19-20 wins.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Just got bummed. Even after last night, Warren Nolan has Alabama going 5-8 to end the season 17-14 with a RPI of 79. Thinks Alabama goes 4-2 at home. Can't afford to do that. Need to win out at home and steal one on the road, which would put Alabama at 19-20 wins.
    It's so tough this year because it seems like there's more parody across the board within the conferences. Its still possible for them to get in so hoping they keep the same focus and intensity for the remainder of the season. I hope they throttle Baylor on the road. I'm actually going to the Miss State game so that should be a good one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Not sure why. Not to be negative here but Ole Miss has been playing a lot better this year. We have not been consistent at all. Did our close game with the number 1 team despite poor shooting make Vegas (and gamblers) believe we can win?
    Well there is a reason I do not gamble.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Great win! Being the old man I am, I normally do not expect to watch all of the late starting games. I am pleasantly surprised again.

Improved defense.

Petty is doing more all of sudden than just shooting 3s. Like his dibble drive moves and hope he keeps it up.

H Jones played with more hustle and contributed. We need him to flourish.

Donta Hall continues to be a strong force.

Kira needs to learn to penetrate and dump off; too many shots getting blocked inside.

Bama has got me revitalized after the disappointing aTm loss.

Roll Tide Roll!!!
    "May the Tide Be with You"