Game Thread: Ole Miss @ Alabama (8:00 tip on ESPNU)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just got bummed. Even after last night, Warren Nolan has Alabama going 5-8 to end the season 17-14 with a RPI of 79. Thinks Alabama goes 4-2 at home. Can't afford to do that. Need to win out at home and steal one on the road, which would put Alabama at 19-20 wins.
Not trying to beat a dead horse but this is why those early losses to Georgia State and Northeastern are so devastating. Then throw in the buzzer beater loss to aTm and I feel like if we lose 1 game we should win that there's no way we'll get in the tournament. Like you said we have to sweep at home and somehow pull one out on the road because of the situation we put ourselves in with those early losses..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Not trying to beat a dead horse but this is why those early losses to Georgia State and Northeastern are so devastating. Then throw in the buzzer beater loss to aTm and I feel like if we lose 1 game we should win that there's no way we'll get in the tournament. Like you said we have to sweep at home and somehow pull one out on the road because of the situation we put ourselves in with those early losses..
No question you are right. The puzzling early losses hurt us. Northeastern RPI is 85, GSU is not bad at 42, and A&M kills us at 142. I am assuming our play is more like what we've seen in the last week than early in the season. BTW, our RPI is 28 on CBS. Our NET is 41. We are in position to make a run if we can continue our current level of play.

Now that Petty has heated us, we need someone else from the arc to heat up as he'll see double teams constantly. We need Hall and Smith to be more consistent on the inside and quit making dumb turnovers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You're completely right. During the game, the announcers referenced the close losses, and how much better Bama's record could be. Bama is 2-3 in one-possession games this year. Record could be as good as 15-3 or as bad as 10-8.

The Northeastern loss is still dumbfounding because of how bad the team played.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.