Game Thread: Ole Miss @ Alabama (8:00 tip on ESPNU)

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
agreed but i wouldnt say salvage.. still 13 regular season games left. Plenty of time to write our story for this, season even with a slip or 2..we already have some very impressive wins

I hate the term “moral victory”, but this team has looked like a different team since the 2nd half of the Tennessee game. Maybe hanging with the #1 team on their home court was the shot of confidence the guys needed.

Great all-around performance tonight. Was a complete game in both phases. Ball was spread well. This is an important week if we hope to salvage tourney hopes, so hopefully we can keep the momentum moving in the right direction against Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
That was a great win. I felt real good about the game when we kinda lost our steam on offense early in 2nd half but still played good defense throughout. Let's take this effort to Waco.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I just hope it doesn't turn into another one of those seasons where Bama wins games it shouldn't win but loses games it shouldn't lose.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I just hope it doesn't turn into another one of those seasons where Bama wins games it shouldn't win but loses games it shouldn't lose.
This is actually what I am curious to see over the next few games. Under CAJ, we seem to over-perform at times and then under-perform at times. If we can get consistent effort like last night's game, we can be very good. I hope we do it. Roll Tide!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This is actually a pretty good team, but it is not a juggernaut by any means. We can win every remaining game or we could lose 7 or 8 more games. My thoughts are that we should be around 20 wins when the conference schedule ends going into the SEC tourney. We have 13 regular season games left which means we go 8-5 in the remaining games. To go 8-5, we need to play the way we did last night on a consistent basis.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just got bummed. Even after last night, Warren Nolan has Alabama going 5-8 to end the season 17-14 with a RPI of 79. Thinks Alabama goes 4-2 at home. Can't afford to do that. Need to win out at home and steal one on the road, which would put Alabama at 19-20 wins.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Just got bummed. Even after last night, Warren Nolan has Alabama going 5-8 to end the season 17-14 with a RPI of 79. Thinks Alabama goes 4-2 at home. Can't afford to do that. Need to win out at home and steal one on the road, which would put Alabama at 19-20 wins.
It's so tough this year because it seems like there's more parody across the board within the conferences. Its still possible for them to get in so hoping they keep the same focus and intensity for the remainder of the season. I hope they throttle Baylor on the road. I'm actually going to the Miss State game so that should be a good one.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Great win! Being the old man I am, I normally do not expect to watch all of the late starting games. I am pleasantly surprised again.

Improved defense.

Petty is doing more all of sudden than just shooting 3s. Like his dibble drive moves and hope he keeps it up.

H Jones played with more hustle and contributed. We need him to flourish.

Donta Hall continues to be a strong force.

Kira needs to learn to penetrate and dump off; too many shots getting blocked inside.

Bama has got me revitalized after the disappointing aTm loss.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I looked as the remaining schedule and I think he is just wrong.
@Baylor- toss up
Miss State win
@Auburn loss
Georgia win
@Vandy win
@Miss State loss
Florida win
@A&M win
Vandy win
@USC win
LSU win
Auburn win
@ Arky loss

If you look at the remaining games, I think we'll at least split with Auburn, State, and Vandy. I really think we can win most of the rest of our home games and beat A&M there. We just didn't show up in the 1st game. Carolina there could be problematic if we don't show up ready to play. I think we'll see them come back to the pack later in the season. I've watched Auburn several times and if they can't hit 3's, they are very beatable. Auburn wants to shoot 3's and rebound the misses which passes for their inside game. I think we get to a minimum of 19 wins before the SEC tourney.

Most of these so called experts don't really watch the teams that much so they rely on analytics rather than old fashioned scouting.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Who the hell is she?

If Alabama plays like it has over the past 2 games for the rest of the season we will be finishing better than 5-8 to end the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.