I come in peace, and with respect - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Re: I come in peace, and with respect

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    The patronizing in this thread is unbearable. Welcome to Tidefans. Enjoy your win, it wonít happen again! Guaranteed! Not my promise, coach Sabanís actions back that up! ROLL TIDE!
    I wouldnít expect you to react any other way!! Iíll not guarantee anything here, Iím a guest just here to talk fooseball with a fan base other than mine.

Birds of a feather....

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTide View Post
    At the current trajectory our teams have in place, I can see "Bama/Clemson fatigue" setting in for the rest of the CF nation, if not already, then certainly after one more CFCG against one another. I know folks have gotten tired of us as a top program for a number of years. I love it...
    Like you, I couldnít give two flying flips if others get Bama/Clemson fatigue.

Question for you guys and gals: can you see the fatigue affecting polls or seedlings in the future? It wouldnít surprise me. Like if both of us are undefeated do you see an undefeated Notre Dame and Oklahoma getting the 2 seed
    And three seed so one of our teams are forced out before the title game?

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaneJacks View Post
    The username: So Iím in a fairly new industry as a whole and have been in it since basically itís genesis, back in 94. Paintless dent repair. Itís a skill trade, almost an art form. Since the start Iíve been pretty good at it, currently Iím one of the global ďleadersĒ in repairs, etc.

Back around 2000 or so, a buddy in the same field dubbed me ďThe ShaneĒ, referring to my skill set. He called himself the ďAnti ShaneĒ. It was all a joke until some jealous haters picked up on the name (not by my efforts, but others), and I ran with the name. Itís now a term of endearment by those that follow me or respect me, and a jab at the haters.

Means nothing here in this world, only in my niche trade and market.

Most trouble: A&M, SoCar.
    Impressive skill set. (yeah, I googled)
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Like you, I couldn’t give two flying flips if others get Bama/Clemson fatigue.

Question for you guys and gals: can you see the fatigue affecting polls or seedlings in the future? It wouldn’t surprise me. Like if both of us are undefeated do you see an undefeated Notre Dame and Oklahoma getting the 2 seed
    Not if the CFPC wants any semblance of credibility.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Impressive skill set. (yeah, I googled)
    Thanks! My YouTube channel shows repairs that are moderate to extreme. To get to my level takes time, patience, and a knack for moving stretched metal.

Honestly, Iím just so hardheaded I wonít quit until Iíve figured stuff out, then apply the knowledge to subsequent repairs.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Not if the CFPC wants any semblance of credibility.
    Good point, but...if the powers that be show that other options are better, I can see them not caring about credibility. Especially when they rotate off every few years.

Those powers that be I speak of being money. It speaks loud and clear.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Like you, I couldn’t give two flying flips if others get Bama/Clemson fatigue.

Question for you guys and gals: can you see the fatigue affecting polls or seedlings in the future? It wouldn’t surprise me. Like if both of us are undefeated do you see an undefeated Notre Dame and Oklahoma getting the 2 seed
    I typically hope that Bama is ranked #2 the whole year. My hope is Clemson gets all the kudos and koolaid all year while Bama stews with revenge on their minds, much like you guys did this last season.

Of course, I'd be even happier if we were #4 in your scenario!
    ďAnd the roses in this grand olí stadium are once again Crimson!Ē - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasnít just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I typically hope that Bama is ranked #2 the whole year. My hope is Clemson gets all the kudos and koolaid all year while Bama stews with revenge on their minds, much like you guys did this last season.

Of course, I'd be even happier if we were #4 in your scenario!
    I feel ya. Dabo has played the ďROY busĒ and ďlittle ole ClemsonĒ bit pretty well, much like what youíre talking about.

But I think thatís probably over now, thanks to that game.

I agree, Bama will be primed and ready for revenge for sure. And I LOVE it. The whole storyline, if we both make it back, will make it great. Hereís to meeting up in the NC next year!!

I come in peace, and with respect

I feel ya. Dabo has played the ďROY busĒ and ďlittle ole ClemsonĒ bit pretty well, much like what youíre talking about.

But I think thatís probably over now, thanks to that game.

I agree, Bama will be primed and ready for revenge for sure. And I LOVE it. The whole storyline, if we both make it back, will make it great. Hereís to meeting up in the NC next year!!
    Dabo speaks like another Alabama coach in my first 22 years.
    Last edited by spock*; January 22nd, 2019 at 09:53 PM.
    Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. Iím surprised heís still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesnít excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didnít in the beginning. But it seems heís assembling a decent staff. I just donít know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but itís 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (Thatís hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). Iím just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. Iím as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.
    Couldn't you have said purple? We really don't like orange around here!

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Couldn't you have said purple? We really don't like orange around here!
    Ok how about ďnon-burnt orangeĒ???

Welcome to TF...Congrats on the win, that was woodshed moment.

I do think it's curious that your two toughest games next year are against SEC opponents...

Stick around and hang...fun bunch here. RTR!!!
    The username: So I’m in a fairly new industry as a whole and have been in it since basically it’s genesis, back in 94. Paintless dent repair. It’s a skill trade, almost an art form. Since the start I’ve been pretty good at it, currently I’m one of the global “leaders” in repairs, etc.

Back around 2000 or so, a buddy in the same field dubbed me “The Shane”, referring to my skill set. He called himself the “Anti Shane”. It was all a joke until some jealous haters picked up on the name (not by my efforts, but others), and I ran with the name. It’s now a term of endearment by those that follow me or respect me, and a jab at the haters.

Means nothing here in this world, only in my niche trade and market.

Most trouble: A&M, SoCar.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. Iím surprised heís still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesnít excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didnít in the beginning. But it seems heís assembling a decent staff. I just donít know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but itís 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (Thatís hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). Iím just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. Iím as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.
    I lived in Seneca from 1990-2002. Have a son who played golf at CU...and they are my 2nd favorite team. Lots of good friends there...welcome to the best football discussion site on the web.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead