I come in peace, and with respect - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: I come in peace, and with respect

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaneJacks View Post
    Ok how about “non-burnt orange”???
    Orange is Orange.....we don't like the "non-burnt" kind either....

Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

It also remains to be seen how Clemson plays as the front runner. They will be the clear #1 going into next season and THEY will have to play with a bullseye every week. Itís not easy when you get every teamís best shot, even when then competition is weak. Itís not so much a physical challenge, itís mental and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide;[URL="tel:3377972"
    3377972[/URL]]That is where the weak schedule advantage really came into play. Clemson was able to make it through their regular season and post-season schedule unscathed even though they were not focused on each opponent only because each opponent was so weak. In the SEC, without adequate focus on each opponent, they lose many games. It simply is not possible to make it out of the SEC like that.

Huge advantage for Clemson, and it will still exist next year. But next year, Clemson will not be solid enough because of their decimated defensive front seven to make it through undefeated if they follow the same path - even with the weak schedule. Dabo will have to treat every opponent with respect next yar or they will not make it to the CFP. But, if they make it, Alabama will be there waiting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Iíd say that Iíve heard those rumors, and they are probably true. It is a fact that Georgia and Oklahoma were much larger obstacles than Pitt and ND.

On the flip side, it kind of surprised me to hear we didnít really prepare for ND, I know they arenít Oklahoma or Georgia...but for the staff to be that confident in our chances against the #3 team shows how far weíve come.

Heck, Iíve heard weíve been preparing for the Tide since last January. Which goes to show the (deserved) respect we had for your team.
    I can corroborate that as a fact. I donít think it was elitist or disrespectful to the ACC either like some say. It was smart to see the reality of their situation. Super smart move by Dabo and the entire staff. I didnít appreciate the depth that Clemson has across the board and your QB is insane. He and Tua will be fun to watch for years and years to come. Welcome even though we HATE the color orange and all Tigers are suspicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    It also remains to be seen how Clemson plays as the front runner. They will be the clear #1 going into next season and THEY will have to play with a bullseye every week. Itís not easy when you get every teamís best shot, even when then competition is weak. Itís not so much a physical challenge, itís mental and emotional.
    They have no competition in the ACC. Injuries would have the only impact big enough to slow that train down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Clemson not making the CFP would be a colossal faiil. Certainly their conference schedule is hardly worth a conversation there's so much disparity.

Clemson having a target on their back in the ACC is like John Wick having a target on his back from another assassin.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    Clemson having a target on their back in the ACC is like John Wick having a target on his back from a cartoon character.

FIFY
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    They have no competition in the ACC. Injuries would have the only impact big enough to slow that train down.
    Every year there are examples of unfocused teams going down to far weaker competition even in weaker conferences. Ohio State has provided some examples of that in recent years. Clemson also did in 2017 and 2016 already. We have been blessed (mainly by Saint Saban's training process) to survive some of those close calls on down weeks over the most recent years (albeit in a tougher league).

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Every year there are examples of unfocused teams going down to far weaker competition even in weaker conferences. Ohio State has provided some examples of that in recent years. Clemson also did in 2017 and 2016 already. We have been blessed (mainly by Saint Saban's training process) to survive some of those close calls on down weeks over the most recent years (albeit in a tougher league).
    i think some people also forget that two times we've won the NC we had to have help from teams in front of us losing to even get the chance.

there's a good bit of luck that goes into winning championships a lot of the time.

BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

I'm a little late to the thread, but congrats on the win and the overall position of the Clemson program. Dabo is a great coach and I'm happy for him and proud of his association with Alabama. I never expect to see him walking the sideline at Alabama like some do, and many in the lazy sports media assume. I think he has already cemented himself in Clemson lore and will only become more of an institution there.

I expect Clemson and Dabo to continue to dominate the ACC for the foreseeable future, and the coaching attrition brought on by it will be similar to what Saban has caused in the SEC.
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by CoachInWaiting View Post
    I'm a little late to the thread, but congrats on the win and the overall position of the Clemson program. Dabo is a great coach and I'm happy for him and proud of his association with Alabama. I never expect to see him walking the sideline at Alabama like some do, and many in the lazy sports media assume. I think he has already cemented himself in Clemson lore and will only become more of an institution there.

I expect Clemson and Dabo to continue to dominate the ACC for the foreseeable future, and the coaching attrition brought on by it will be similar to what Saban has caused in the SEC.
    Thatís a point Iíve not thought of: the attrition of coaches because of Daboís dominance in the ACC.

On a side note, Dabo and Danny Pearman (tight ends coach) were at my sonís high school to watch their sons play basketball against our team. I spoke briefly and congratulated them both, but wasnít ďthat guyĒ and didnít get a picture, though most everyone else in attendance did.

It has to be annoying getting all that attention. Iíd not take it very well tbh.

BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

That’s a point I’ve not thought of: the attrition of coaches because of Dabo’s dominance in the ACC.

On a side note, Dabo and Danny Pearman (tight ends coach) were at my son’s high school to watch their sons play basketball against our team. I spoke briefly and congratulated them both, but wasn’t “that guy” and didn’t get a picture, though most everyone else in attendance did.

It has to be annoying getting all that attention. I’d not take it very well tbh.
    By the way, I also have to agree with the sentiments of many here regarding the urange. While not as putrid of a shade as the ut version, pairing it with purple is either devoid of good taste or a sure sign of color blindness.
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i think some people also forget that two times we've won the NC we had to have help from teams in front of us losing to even get the chance.

there's a good bit of luck that goes into winning championships a lot of the time.
    Ohio State beat us in the playoffs in 2014 and went on to win the NC that year. They had everyone back the next year - Zeke, Bosa, the QBs, lineman, etc. If you would have told someone after the 2014 season that OSU would only make the playoffs 1 time in the next 4 yearss - and lose that game 31-0 - nobody would have believed you. It's very hard to maintain that level of success. Only Saban has done it at the same school in the modern era..
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; January 25th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.