I come in peace, and with respect - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: I come in peace, and with respect

True, but at least tOSU plays warm bodies during the regular season...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Ohio State beat us in the playoffs in 2014 and went on to win the NC that year. They had everyone back the next year - Zeke, Bosa, the QBs, lineman, etc. If you would have told someone after the 2014 season that OSU would only make the playoffs 1 time in the next 4 yours - and lose that game 31-0 - nobody would have believed you. It's very hard to maintain that level of success. Only Saban has done it at the same school in the modern era..

BamaNation All-American

Ohio State beat us in the playoffs in 2014 and went on to win the NC that year. They had everyone back the next year - Zeke, Bosa, the QBs, lineman, etc. If you would have told someone after the 2014 season that OSU would only make the playoffs 1 time in the next 4 yours - and lose that game 31-0 - nobody would have believed you. It's very hard to maintain that level of success. Only Saban has done it at the same school in the modern era..
    that really has no bearing on my point.

2 of the 5 times we've won national titles under Saban, we had to wait until the end of the season for someone to lose in order for us to make the field.

that's not a criticism of Saban or the program, it's simply a comment on the fact that sometimes it takes external forces to get a title.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post

2 of the 5 times we've won national titles under Saban, we had to wait until the end of the season for someone to lose in order for us to make the field.

that's not a criticism of Saban or the program, it's simply a comment on the fact that sometimes it takes external forces to get a title.
    It shows how hard it is for even the elite teams to make the playoffs and do well there. It's a combination of luck and skill. Clemson had both going for them in spades last year. History would suggest a slight reversion for them this year..

BamaNation All-American

It shows how hard it is for even the elite teams to make the playoffs and do well there. It's a combination of luck and skill. Clemson had both going for them in spades last year. History would suggest a slight reversion for them this year..
    anything short of winning the title will be a reversion for them.

i'm proud of our team and i have great faith in our head coach.

if we don't win another title the rest of his tenure, however long that may be, his time at Bama will have been an unbelievable success.

we've become spoiled to the point that we're now questioning him on things like who should play and when?.

other people can go there if they want, I'm not.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

anything short of winning the title will be a reversion for them.

i'm proud of our team and i have great faith in our head coach.

if we don't win another title the rest of his tenure, however long that may be, his time at Bama will have been an unbelievable success.

we've become spoiled to the point that we're now questioning him on things like who should play and when?.

other people can go there if they want, I'm not.

He could not win another title at Alabama and walkaway as the greatest college football coach of all time and owner of the greatest dynasty in college football history. And it's not even up for debate. It's that clear cut.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He could not win another title at Alabama and walkaway as the greatest college football coach of all time and owner of the greatest dynasty in college football history. And it's not even up for debate. It's that clear cut.
    yup.

i have to keep telling my 9 year old that this will end sooner than later...he has no idea what i'm talking about.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

nevermind..
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; January 25th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

BamaNation All-American

I honestly think the whole "you need luck to win a championship" is sometimes overstated.

Arkansas-v-Ole Miss...4th and 32? That play doesn't happen and Ole Miss is in the SECCG. We don't win 16 without that miraculously lucky play.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I honestly think the whole "you need luck to win a championship" is sometimes overstated.
    Last edited by The Ols; January 25th, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Arkansas-v-Ole Miss...4th and 32? That play doesn't happen and Ole Miss is in the SECCG. We don't win 16 without that miraculously lucky play.
    Iowa St upsetting Okie St, sending us to play the tiggers in Nawlin's.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Wasn't there a second upset that night too? A kick off of a crossbar?

Update...I'm wrong...#'s 4 (Oregon) & 5 (USC) both lost that night too, but we were #3..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Iowa St upsetting Okie St, sending us to play the tiggers in Nawlin's.
    Last edited by The Ols; January 25th, 2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Wasn't there a second upset that night too? A kick off of a crossbar?
    Can't remember, but I do remember we had to have A LOT of things (out of our control) go our way and it did. Luckily! LOL!

I come in peace, and with respect

I agree completely. Winning a national championship is a crapshoot. The stars need to align and maybe then God will smile on you.

Iíve lived through three dynasties at Alabama. It takes miracles to finish.

Maybe thatís what makes it so sweet.
    Last edited by spock*; January 25th, 2019 at 10:08 PM.
    Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.