I come in peace, and with respect

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
Clemson fan here. I know I’ll get some pushback, and I won’t respond negatively unless it’s crazy egregious.

Your program has been the model of consistency and power for over a decade, and your coach a legend. Some of us respect that immensely, and have hoped our programs could possibly achieve the same someday. While we aren’t quite there, we are getting there.

I’ve been reading here for the last few weeks and enjoy the level headedness most on here possess. I guess when you’re elite idiocy isn’t needed. Comparing this to the Gamecock boards is like night and day. The delusion over there is intense, it’s like it’s another language I’m not privy to.

Anyway, good to be here and, hopefully, welcomed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks, and great first post. Question, when you have the time - How do you feel about the ACC as a conference going into next year? Some interesting coaching changes in head coaching and coordinator positions across the conference.

Not asking if you like your chances to win the conference (seems like a slam dunk to me), but more about the overall trajectory of the conference and the teams within the conference.

Thanks in advance.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. I’m surprised he’s still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesn’t excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didn’t in the beginning. But it seems he’s assembling a decent staff. I just don’t know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but it’s 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (That’s hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). I’m just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. I’m as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. I’m surprised he’s still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesn’t excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didn’t in the beginning. But it seems he’s assembling a decent staff. I just don’t know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but it’s 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (That’s hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). I’m just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. I’m as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.
Thanks - I am interested to see what Diaz can do in Miami.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Welcome to the board. And, yes, your program's trajectory is good. Next year I plan to keep an eye on Clemson - hoping for another match-up in the CFP. I also now have to keep up with OU to see how Jalen does. Hopefully the Sooners will be back again, as well. Fun times ahead!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Welcome to the board and congratulations on the national title. Well deserved and no questioned it was earned.

To find a silver lining (if there truly is one to find) I guess if we were going to get the brakes beat off of us, at least it was by a "Bama Boy". But regardless, Bama fans hate losing and I would have much rather just won the game. LOL!

I'm curious as to your opinion on if Dabo is going to continue to be able to keep his staff together. It is simply amazing that after the success y'all have had that the majority of the key coordinators and assistant coaches have remained. I know Venables staying has pretty much been explained away as "He doesn't want to be a HC and is happy staying in his current position as long as they'll have him." But what keeps the rest of them there? NO ONE is interested in a promotion? The coaching turnover has eaten us alive and up until this season, we've been able to navigate around its potential consequences. But it got us this year. I'm just amazed that Dabo is able to convince the majority of his staff to forego career promotions (and potentially millions of dollars) and stick around.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
Welcome to the board and congratulations on the national title. Well deserved and no questioned it was earned.

To find a silver lining (if there truly is one to find) I guess if we were going to get the brakes beat off of us, at least it was by a "Bama Boy". But regardless, Bama fans hate losing and I would have much rather just won the game. LOL!

I'm curious as to your opinion on if Dabo is going to continue to be able to keep his staff together. It is simply amazing that after the success y'all have had that the majority of the key coordinators and assistant coaches have remained. I know Venables staying has pretty much been explained away as "He doesn't want to be a HC and is happy staying in his current position as long as they'll have him." But what keeps the rest of them there? NO ONE is interested in a promotion? The coaching turnover has eaten us alive and up until this season, we've been able to navigate around its potential consequences. But it got us this year. I'm just amazed that Dabo is able to convince the majority of his staff to forego career promotions (and potentially millions of dollars) and stick around.

I honestly think Venables is here to stay. Tony Elliott will he gone within a couple of years. I think he will ride T Law’s arm and brains to gain more traction and acclaim then take a HC job.

Jeff Scott will then be the OC, and...I just don’t know how that will work out for us.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
Welcome to the board. And, yes, your program's trajectory is good. Next year I plan to keep an eye on Clemson - hoping for another match-up in the CFP. I also now have to keep up with OU to see how Jalen does. Hopefully the Sooners will be back again, as well. Fun times ahead!
I’ll tell ya, I hope it’s the two of us every year. Maybe not for y’all, but for us it’s becoming an awesome rivalry.

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Welcome to tidefans. Dabo is a class act and he’d be crazy to ever leave Clemson. However, I’d love to see Brent Venables in Tuscaloosa.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Allow me to preface my question by saying your guys beat our butts, ate our lunch and stole our girlfriends. Having gotten that out of the way, I`ve seen it reported that Clemson spent relatively little time preparing for the ACC championship game and perhaps even less when it came to ND, while using the lion`s share of the off time to prepare for Alabama. Would you concur that that`s accurate? Not presenting that as an excuse, mind, your team was far better coached and prepared. I know for a fact, though, that we in no way could afford to essentially ignore UGA and OU.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Allow me to preface my question by saying your guys beat our butts, ate our lunch and stole our girlfriends. Having gotten that out of the way, I`ve seen it reported that Clemson spent relatively little time preparing for the ACC championship game and perhaps even less when it came to ND, while using the lion`s share of the off time to prepare for Alabama. Would you concur that that`s accurate? Not presenting that as an excuse, mind, your team was far better coached and prepared. I know for a fact, though, that we in no way could afford to essentially ignore UGA and OU.
i'm sorry, but wasn't Pitt like 7-5...and they finished 7-7?

that alone tells you how pathetic the ACC was last year.

don't get me wrong, they took us to the woodshed and then knocked the woodshed over on us and they deserve all the praise they are getting.

but couple the conference with ND in the semifinal and Clemson basically had the whole season to prepare for us.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
I’d say that I’ve heard those rumors, and they are probably true. It is a fact that Georgia and Oklahoma were much larger obstacles than Pitt and ND.

On the flip side, it kind of surprised me to hear we didn’t really prepare for ND, I know they aren’t Oklahoma or Georgia...but for the staff to be that confident in our chances against the #3 team shows how far we’ve come.

Heck, I’ve heard we’ve been preparing for the Tide since last January. Which goes to show the (deserved) respect we had for your team.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
i'm sorry, but wasn't Pitt like 7-5...and they finished 7-7?

that alone tells you how pathetic the ACC was last year.

don't get me wrong, they took us to the woodshed and then knocked the woodshed over on us and they deserve all the praise they are getting.

but couple the conference with ND in the semifinal and Clemson basically had the whole season to prepare for us.
Yep. I just admitted as much.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
The key to the future of the ACC is probably FSU. If Taggart continues to flop there the ACC is pretty much a slam dunk every season. Miami and GA Tech could theoretically recruit enough talent to win but have other serious obstacles.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’d say that I’ve heard those rumors, and they are probably true. It is a fact that Georgia and Oklahoma were much larger obstacles than Pitt and ND.

On the flip side, it kind of surprised me to hear we didn’t really prepare for ND, I know they aren’t Oklahoma or Georgia...but for the staff to be that confident in our chances against the #3 team shows how far we’ve come.

Heck, I’ve heard we’ve been preparing for the Tide since last January. Which goes to show the (deserved) respect we had for your team.
I think Clemson did, in regard to us beating them last year in the playoff what we did to Florida when they beat us in the 2008 SECCG.

In 2009, we knew the key to the whole season would be defeating them...UT was simply a bump in the road after UF.

That's exactly what Clemson did this year...everything was about beating Bama and it showed when we met on the field.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Congrats on winning the NC, there's no doubt Y'all deserve it & damn well earned it, there's no reason why we won't play for it all again next year & I like our chances of winning it next year if we play again..Cause Coach Saban doesn't lose twice in a row to the same team..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.