I come in peace, and with respect

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
At the current trajectory our teams have in place, I can see "Bama/Clemson fatigue" setting in for the rest of the CF nation, if not already, then certainly after one more CFCG against one another. I know folks have gotten tired of us as a top program for a number of years. I love it...
Like you, I couldn’t give two flying flips if others get Bama/Clemson fatigue.

Question for you guys and gals: can you see the fatigue affecting polls or seedlings in the future? It wouldn’t surprise me. Like if both of us are undefeated do you see an undefeated Notre Dame and Oklahoma getting the 2 seed
And three seed so one of our teams are forced out before the title game?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The username: So I’m in a fairly new industry as a whole and have been in it since basically it’s genesis, back in 94. Paintless dent repair. It’s a skill trade, almost an art form. Since the start I’ve been pretty good at it, currently I’m one of the global “leaders” in repairs, etc.

Back around 2000 or so, a buddy in the same field dubbed me “The Shane”, referring to my skill set. He called himself the “Anti Shane”. It was all a joke until some jealous haters picked up on the name (not by my efforts, but others), and I ran with the name. It’s now a term of endearment by those that follow me or respect me, and a jab at the haters.

Means nothing here in this world, only in my niche trade and market.

Most trouble: A&M, SoCar.
Impressive skill set. (yeah, I googled)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Question for you guys and gals: can you see the fatigue affecting polls or seedlings in the future? It wouldn’t surprise me. Like if both of us are undefeated do you see an undefeated Notre Dame and Oklahoma getting the 2 seed
Not if the CFPC wants any semblance of credibility.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
Impressive skill set. (yeah, I googled)
Thanks! My YouTube channel shows repairs that are moderate to extreme. To get to my level takes time, patience, and a knack for moving stretched metal.

Honestly, I’m just so hardheaded I won’t quit until I’ve figured stuff out, then apply the knowledge to subsequent repairs.

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
Not if the CFPC wants any semblance of credibility.
Good point, but...if the powers that be show that other options are better, I can see them not caring about credibility. Especially when they rotate off every few years.

Those powers that be I speak of being money. It speaks loud and clear.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I typically hope that Bama is ranked #2 the whole year. My hope is Clemson gets all the kudos and koolaid all year while Bama stews with revenge on their minds, much like you guys did this last season.

Of course, I'd be even happier if we were #4 in your scenario! ;)

TheShaneJacks

Jan 21, 2019
I typically hope that Bama is ranked #2 the whole year. My hope is Clemson gets all the kudos and koolaid all year while Bama stews with revenge on their minds, much like you guys did this last season.

Of course, I'd be even happier if we were #4 in your scenario! ;)
I feel ya. Dabo has played the “ROY bus” and “little ole Clemson” bit pretty well, much like what you’re talking about.

But I think that’s probably over now, thanks to that game.

I agree, Bama will be primed and ready for revenge for sure. And I LOVE it. The whole storyline, if we both make it back, will make it great. Here’s to meeting up in the NC next year!!

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
I feel ya. Dabo has played the “ROY bus” and “little ole Clemson” bit pretty well, much like what you’re talking about.

But I think that’s probably over now, thanks to that game.

I agree, Bama will be primed and ready for revenge for sure. And I LOVE it. The whole storyline, if we both make it back, will make it great. Here’s to meeting up in the NC next year!!
Dabo speaks like another Alabama coach in my first 22 years.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. I’m surprised he’s still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesn’t excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didn’t in the beginning. But it seems he’s assembling a decent staff. I just don’t know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but it’s 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (That’s hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). I’m just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. I’m as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.
Couldn't you have said purple? We really don't like orange around here!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Welcome to TF...Congrats on the win, that was woodshed moment.

I do think it's curious that your two toughest games next year are against SEC opponents...

Stick around and hang...fun bunch here. RTR!!!
The username: So I’m in a fairly new industry as a whole and have been in it since basically it’s genesis, back in 94. Paintless dent repair. It’s a skill trade, almost an art form. Since the start I’ve been pretty good at it, currently I’m one of the global “leaders” in repairs, etc.

Back around 2000 or so, a buddy in the same field dubbed me “The Shane”, referring to my skill set. He called himself the “Anti Shane”. It was all a joke until some jealous haters picked up on the name (not by my efforts, but others), and I ran with the name. It’s now a term of endearment by those that follow me or respect me, and a jab at the haters.

Means nothing here in this world, only in my niche trade and market.

Most trouble: A&M, SoCar.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The best coach in the conference, imo, behind Dabo, is Babers. That dude can coach. I’m surprised he’s still there at Cuse. The Ga Tech hire doesn’t excite or concern me, and Mack Brown here didn’t in the beginning. But it seems he’s assembling a decent staff. I just don’t know how relatable he is.

The conference title does seem like a slam dunk, but it’s 18-22 year old boys turning into men. (That’s hard to say without a smirk on my face knowing they can throw me through a brick wall). I’m just hopeful my boys can keep it up.

My daughter is a sophomore there, and I own a rental condo there, I grew up 5 miles from the campus. I’m as Urange as they come. Really stoked at our current trajectory.
I lived in Seneca from 1990-2002. Have a son who played golf at CU...and they are my 2nd favorite team. Lots of good friends there...welcome to the best football discussion site on the web.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
It also remains to be seen how Clemson plays as the front runner. They will be the clear #1 going into next season and THEY will have to play with a bullseye every week. It’s not easy when you get every team’s best shot, even when then competition is weak. It’s not so much a physical challenge, it’s mental and emotional.

B1GTide;[URL="tel:3377972" said:
3377972[/URL]]That is where the weak schedule advantage really came into play. Clemson was able to make it through their regular season and post-season schedule unscathed even though they were not focused on each opponent only because each opponent was so weak. In the SEC, without adequate focus on each opponent, they lose many games. It simply is not possible to make it out of the SEC like that.

Huge advantage for Clemson, and it will still exist next year. But next year, Clemson will not be solid enough because of their decimated defensive front seven to make it through undefeated if they follow the same path - even with the weak schedule. Dabo will have to treat every opponent with respect next yar or they will not make it to the CFP. But, if they make it, Alabama will be there waiting.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I’d say that I’ve heard those rumors, and they are probably true. It is a fact that Georgia and Oklahoma were much larger obstacles than Pitt and ND.

On the flip side, it kind of surprised me to hear we didn’t really prepare for ND, I know they aren’t Oklahoma or Georgia...but for the staff to be that confident in our chances against the #3 team shows how far we’ve come.

Heck, I’ve heard we’ve been preparing for the Tide since last January. Which goes to show the (deserved) respect we had for your team.
I can corroborate that as a fact. I don’t think it was elitist or disrespectful to the ACC either like some say. It was smart to see the reality of their situation. Super smart move by Dabo and the entire staff. I didn’t appreciate the depth that Clemson has across the board and your QB is insane. He and Tua will be fun to watch for years and years to come. Welcome even though we HATE the color orange and all Tigers are suspicious [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It also remains to be seen how Clemson plays as the front runner. They will be the clear #1 going into next season and THEY will have to play with a bullseye every week. It’s not easy when you get every team’s best shot, even when then competition is weak. It’s not so much a physical challenge, it’s mental and emotional.
They have no competition in the ACC. Injuries would have the only impact big enough to slow that train down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Clemson not making the CFP would be a colossal faiil. Certainly their conference schedule is hardly worth a conversation there's so much disparity.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They have no competition in the ACC. Injuries would have the only impact big enough to slow that train down.
Every year there are examples of unfocused teams going down to far weaker competition even in weaker conferences. Ohio State has provided some examples of that in recent years. Clemson also did in 2017 and 2016 already. We have been blessed (mainly by Saint Saban's training process) to survive some of those close calls on down weeks over the most recent years (albeit in a tougher league).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.