Link: SIAP - Christian Millerís Dadís Comments on SC radio show - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Re: SIAP - Christian Millerís Dadís Comments on SC radio show

Me thinks the Clemson writer exaggerates using words like "tirade" and "diatribe."

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Corey Miller is entitled to his opinion. IMO, the better team that night won. I am not about making excuses and finger pointing after a loss. CPB paraphrased, win with class, lose with class, CNS paraphrased, if you are not prepared to play you will probably lose. I'm through with the NC game.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He is clearly passionate in his support for Alabama and his son. He gave Clemson credit many times in his comments. Generally, he said that Alabama deserves criticism for not treating Clemson with respect. Alabama rolled their helmets out there, and paid the price. Seems fair to me.

What he hinted at but did not say is that his son could have helped and Saban chose not to play him. Not sure how I feel about that.

It's okay for Corey Miller to support and believe in his son having the ability to "make a difference" in a football game. As far as Saban "choosing" not to play him I'll never believe that. Ever. CNS relies on his team doctors and trainers to advise him of a players physical readiness to perform. If they're not ready he won't risk their health for a football game. This loss ain't on Nick Saban's roster management skills.
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    It's okay for Corey Miller to support and believe in his son having the ability to "make a difference" in a football game. As far as Saban "choosing" not to play him I'll never believe that. Ever. CNS relies on his team doctors and trainers to advise him of a players physical readiness to perform. If they're not ready he won't risk their health for a football game. This loss ain't on Nick Saban's roster management skills.
    Yeah, that was the only part that I didn't care for. Saban uses the Catapult system to tell if a player is ready, even if the doctors have given him a medical clearance (and he was cleared). If Miller was not able to explode off of the LOS, he would have been completely ineffective. If he didn't have full strength back in that leg, he would not have been able to hold the edge on run plays. He didn't play because it was better for him and the team that he not play. But Miller and his father probably feel like he could have made a difference, even in a limited role.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yeah, that was the only part that I didn't care for. Saban uses the Catapult system to tell if a player is ready, even if the doctors have given him a medical clearance (and he was cleared). If Miller was not able to explode off of the LOS, he would have been completely ineffective. If he didn't have full strength back in that leg, he would not have been able to hold the edge on run plays. He didn't play because it was better for him and the team that he not play. But Miller and his father probably feel like he could have made a difference, even in a limited role.
    Didn't realize CNS did this but I agree with the decision to not play him based on the performance issue. Either way I ain't gonna second guess or question his roster management and player health risk decisions especially in a high stakes game.
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with pointing out that the SEC is a much tougher league than the ACC.

BamaNation Second Team knowledge's Avatar

Everything that he states is valid, including repeatedly crediting Clemson for being ready to play and winning. The facts that he is relating are important to framing the perception of the loss. He is perceiving the loss with a mind set that I hope that every Alabama player and coach has: that the circumstances of the loss were unstable, internal, and specific, rather than stable, external, and global. In other words, Alabama had a bad game under circumstances that Alabama can control and improve upon, which motivates coaches and players to work to analyze, improve and succeed, rather than surrendering to helplessness.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnToGlory View Post
    Me thinks the Clemson writer exaggerates using words like "tirade" and "diatribe."
    And that's another reason it's best to just keep some of your thoughts and opinions to yourself. Without the content the writer would have very, very little to exaggerate about. But Miller's dad gave him plenty.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; January 23rd, 2019 at 01:03 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i don't like making excuses, and he made a lot of excuses for the loss.

but it's really not debatable that the ACC is a pathetically weak conference...that's just the truth.

there were 2 teams in the ACC that finished with 10 wins, the SEC had 5.

we played the #4 team in our championship game and they played a team that ended up 7-7.

sorry, but the ACC is a joke.
    But that joke of an ACC team sure beat the stuffings out of your team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daytonacane View Post
    He was criticizing the conference, not Clemson. No one here has anything but respect for Clemson. You might want to tone down the rhetoric, though.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Bye bye.

BamaNation All-American

He was talking about teams that only put up 3 points in a bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    He was talking about teams that only put up 3 points in a bowl game
    Some people just "skim" when they read.