Link: SIAP - Christian Miller’s Dad’s Comments on SC radio show

daytonacane

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
i don't like making excuses, and he made a lot of excuses for the loss.

but it's really not debatable that the ACC is a pathetically weak conference...that's just the truth.

there were 2 teams in the ACC that finished with 10 wins, the SEC had 5.

we played the #4 team in our championship game and they played a team that ended up 7-7.

sorry, but the ACC is a joke.
But that joke of an ACC team sure beat the stuffings out of your team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But that joke of an ACC team sure beat the stuffings out of your team.
He was criticizing the conference, not Clemson. No one here has anything but respect for Clemson. You might want to tone down the rhetoric, though.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
I was actually sitting in traffic listening to this on the radio here in Charleston. Incredible audio and if you couldn’t tell Corey is Christian Miller's dad and a former Gamecock! He was still quite salty days after the game. Obviously frustrated his son didn’t play.

He’s been on sports radio here for quite a while. It’s been trip listening to him become a bigger and bigger Bama fan as his son has progressed.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Corey Miller is entitled to his opinion. IMO, the better team that night won. I am not about making excuses and finger pointing after a loss. CPB paraphrased, win with class, lose with class, CNS paraphrased, if you are not prepared to play you will probably lose. I'm through with the NC game.
Word Gray! Word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think his dad has some points I agree with, it's just my personal view that some of that comes across as sour grapes and can look like he's diminishing Clemson's performance. I think the first step is winning is to not beat yourself in the fundamentals and Clemson executed better in that than us. Hats off to them.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
And that's another reason it's best to just keep some of your thoughts and opinions to yourself. Without the content the writer would have very, very little to exaggerate about. But Miller's dad gave him plenty.
C'mon............everyone is looking at this with the wrong perspective. Instead of looking at it as someone with Bama ties "making excuses", look at it as someone with USCe ties dogging Clumpson. See how easy it is, that way? :biggrin2:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
C'mon............everyone is looking at this with the wrong perspective. Instead of looking at it as someone with Bama ties "making excuses", look at it as someone with USCe ties dogging Clumpson. See how easy it is, that way? :biggrin2:
You could probably have left off the blue font. There is most likely some truth in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
But that would mean going contrary to my idiom. Besides, it might confuse some of the noobs, who are really trolls. ("Always with the negative waves...............")

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I was actually sitting in traffic listening to this on the radio here in Charleston. Incredible audio and if you couldn’t tell Corey is Christian Miller's dad and a former Gamecock! He was still quite salty days after the game. Obviously frustrated his son didn’t play.

He’s been on sports radio here for quite a while. It’s been trip listening to him become a bigger and bigger Bama fan as his son has progressed.
CM isn’t playing in the SB, because of this injury.
So it’s ok to give that as an excuse/reason two weeks later...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
When you get beat by 28 pts and basically manhandled and embarrassed on a national stage. It's probably best to just take your butt kicking like a man and say "They were the better team on that night. Congratulations to Clemson, they are a worthy champion" and just move on. Even though I would agree with a lot of what he said, it just doesn't do anything productive or constructive. Other than coming across like a whiner trying to make excuses for getting dog stomped.
Pretty much sums it up for me. The only thing I would say about Clemson's schedule is that, due to the undeniable disparity between them and everybody else in the ACC, there's no excuse for them not making the CFP.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Corey Miller is always saying controversial things. He was uber-critical of the USC program when Spurrier had them finishing in the top 10 3 years in a row, and if you know Gamecock history that's almost like winning 3 national titles somewhere else. You'll note his son did not attend South Carolina, so he's an alum, but not especially a die-hard Gamecock fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.