Link: SIAP - Christian Millerís Dadís Comments on SC radio show
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

SIAP - Christian Millerís Dadís Comments on SC radio show

I never saw this posted and didnít see anything foul in the comments so it looks safe for posting...

I didnít realize that his dad was a former SC & NFL player.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Forme...n-tirade-17628

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: SIAP - Christian Millerís Dadís Comments on SC radio show

It won't let you copy/paste from the site -- but Dad's take on the schedule is classic!
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American

That just reads badly in my view. I'd rather he tip his hat to Clemson and move on quickly. I don't like it when opposing teams diminish our victories and same applies when we get whipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    That just reads badly in my view. I'd rather he tip his hat to Clemson and move on quickly. I don't like it when opposing teams diminish our victories and same applies when we get whipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't see anything bad with his interview. He was just being honest.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    So, he can't say he thought "we" were poorly prepared and outcoached?
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

When you get beat by 28 pts and basically manhandled and embarrassed on a national stage. It's probably best to just take your butt kicking like a man and say "They were the better team on that night. Congratulations to Clemson, they are a worthy champion" and just move on. Even though I would agree with a lot of what he said, it just doesn't do anything productive or constructive. Other than coming across like a whiner trying to make excuses for getting dog stomped.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I don't see anything bad with his interview. He was just being honest.
    Agreed. You might not agree with what he says, but his points are not baseless.

Also, I'd add that neither he nor his son played in the game. So it isn't like he's making excuses for himself or his son.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

He is clearly passionate in his support for Alabama and his son. He gave Clemson credit many times in his comments. Generally, he said that Alabama deserves criticism for not treating Clemson with respect. Alabama rolled their helmets out there, and paid the price. Seems fair to me.

What he hinted at but did not say is that his son could have helped and Saban chose not to play him. Not sure how I feel about that.

BamaNation All-American

i don't like making excuses, and he made a lot of excuses for the loss.

but it's really not debatable that the ACC is a pathetically weak conference...that's just the truth.

there were 2 teams in the ACC that finished with 10 wins, the SEC had 5.

we played the #4 team in our championship game and they played a team that ended up 7-7.

sorry, but the ACC is a joke.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He is clearly passionate in his support for Alabama and his son. He gave Clemson credit many times in his comments. Generally, he said that Alabama deserves criticism for not treating Clemson with respect. Alabama rolled their helmets out there, and paid the price. Seems fair to me.

What he hinted at but did not say is that his son could have helped and Saban chose not to play him. Not sure how I feel about that.
    I'm glad he has allegiance to the team.....that (to me) says TONS about him and Christian..... especially compared to some other Football Dads out there.....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I didn't have much of a problem with his comments until he went on a rant about their schedule. Although true, sometimes its best not to speak your mind. Despite the author's over dramatization, Miller really didn't take anything away from Clemson until he got to the rant on the schedule.

What he said was the truth. Forget the Nick Saban era. Alabama hasn't lost a game by that much since the late 90s. Are you going to tell me that last year's Clemson team is really that good, that it was able to beat one of the most dominant Alabama teams ever by a margin not seen in two decades? Child, please.

Clemson was the fortunate recipient of a distracted Alabama team from the coaching staff down. We shouldn't have been that way and that is a mark against us and a credit to Clemson that they treated the game with the respect it deserved. And had we shown up with the proper respect and preparation in tow, maybe Clemson still wins. But not by 28 points.

That is the most infuriating aspect of that game. No one with half a brain ought to believe Clemson really just dominated Alabama like that. But the scoreboard says what it says, and now they can claim it for the rest of time. My only hope is that there are enough players coming back that are ticked off about it enough to fix it going forward.

I really don’t see where Clemson manhandled Alabama. They won easily. I also don’t see anything different than what was said on this board, and what Corey Miller said. Getting off the field on third and long was a problem all game long, maybe Christian with backside pressure could of changed a few of those?? But it was apparent that this team wasn’t prepared! I guess I agree with almost everything he said.
    Last edited by bamaga; January 23rd, 2019 at 04:43 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

A lot of people out there want to say that Clemson is just that much better than us this year. They also want to say that Trevor Lawrence was by far the best player on the field, and that Dabo's coaching and program have just surpassed Saban and Alabama. The thing is, South Carolina dropped 600 yards and 35 points on them. Kellen Mond lit them up for 430 yards. Does anybody truly believe either of them are better than us? Of course not. Does anybody truly believe that if we played again this week, that they would beat us by 28? Anybody being honest with themselves knows that not true.

What Miller is saying is completely true. Our team checked out (and apparently a lot of coaches did too) after we beat OU. A lot of people felt like if Bama could stop Murray and OU, and that we could show up and beat Clemson. Again, they struggled against TAMU and USCe, and played a schedule of cupcakes. The players bought into that, and they faced a highly motivated team playing with a chip on their shoulder and they got their butt beat. Even after the first half, Most everybody believed Bama would go into the locker room and come out and show Clemson that they were dealing with the mighty Bama, ala the UGA game. The truth is though Bama had won their last 2 games after playing sloppy, undisciplined, and really just flat all the way around.
    Complacency is a real thing, and it bit us hard this year. We were so good this year and that hurt us in that we were able to play pretty sloppy football a lot of the time and get by with it.
    ďAnd the roses in this grand olí stadium are once again Crimson!Ē - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasnít just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18