Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 1722
  1. #144
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    I have never heard a libertarian refer to themselves as a “centrist”. I have only heard left leaning people call themselves “centrist”. Here is a newsflash for you, they are not.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  2. #145
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    I’m just sick of people sticking a label on me and telling me what the hell I am. Don’t try to box me in because you’re too simple to understand nuance or compromise. To hell with that and with (the royal) you.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  3. #146
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    22,805

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I’m just sick of people sticking a label on me and telling me what the hell I am. Don’t try to box me in because you’re too simple to understand nuance or compromise. To hell with that and with (the royal) you.
    +1

    Just remember that talk forums are for entertainment, venting, and an exchange of ideas.

    Name calling and stereotyping are probably a combination of the first two.

  4. #147
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    37,270

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I’m just sick of people sticking a label on me and telling me what the hell I am. Don’t try to box me in because you’re too simple to understand nuance or compromise. To hell with that and with (the royal) you.
    good thing you weren't a "libtard" on this board the past 15+ years
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  5. #148
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    37,270

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I have never heard a libertarian refer to themselves as a “centrist”. I have only heard left leaning people call themselves “centrist”. Here is a newsflash for you, they are not.
    Gary Johnson and the Rise of Libertarian Centrism - reason
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  6. #149
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    good thing you weren't a "libtard" on this board the past 15+ years
    At various times I’ve been a libtard fascist racist radical centrist curmudgeon dreamer idiot unrealistic and about any other thing you can throw out there. Instead of listening and considering what is said and if there’s any merit it seems too many are busy formulating a canned one sided slanted erroneous response. Nuance and compromise are lost arts. Taking someone at their word and understanding different perspectives also. Are there some that would abuse the privilege? Sure. I have a decent track record IMHO overall of late. Labels too often are thrown out by people who can’t make a persuasive argument to save their life.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  7. #150
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Well, I stand corrected. Still hate that term. I am with NationalTitles17, why label me anything at all?
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  8. #151
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
    Posts
    571

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I have never heard a libertarian refer to themselves as a “centrist”. I have only heard left leaning people call themselves “centrist”. Here is a newsflash for you, they are not.
    The far right/alt-right wing of the Republican Party has skewed the political landscape to the point that anything toward the middle or left of them is considered a communist.

    Ike would be considered a socialist were he running for office today.

  9. #152
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    37,270

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    At various times I’ve been a libtard fascist racist radical centrist curmudgeon dreamer idiot unrealistic and about any other thing you can throw out there. Instead of listening and considering what is said and if there’s any merit it seems too many are busy formulating a canned one sided slanted erroneous response. Nuance and compromise are lost arts. Taking someone at their word and understanding different perspectives also. Are there some that would abuse the privilege? Sure. I have a decent track record IMHO overall of late. Labels too often are thrown out by people who can’t make a persuasive argument to save their life.
    i have to say i do find it funny when people refer to you (and others) as a libtard/leftist
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  10. #153
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    21,664

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    At various times I’ve been a libtard fascist racist radical centrist curmudgeon dreamer idiot unrealistic and about any other thing you can throw out there. Instead of listening and considering what is said and if there’s any merit it seems too many are busy formulating a canned one sided slanted erroneous response. Nuance and compromise are lost arts. Taking someone at their word and understanding different perspectives also. Are there some that would abuse the privilege? Sure. I have a decent track record IMHO overall of late. Labels too often are thrown out by people who can’t make a persuasive argument to save their life.
    Full Banjeaux sir.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  11. #154
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    16,273

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I've only met two kinds of "centrists" in my life:

    1) The person who says they're a centrist but their political views are cut and dry right-wing authoritarianism save a few opinions that are muted compared to the archetypical right-wing authoritarian.

    2) The people like I've enumerated above that basically aspire for a static world that doesn't come to grips with the transformational needs to save large swaths of humanity because it would upset their comfort too much

    https://twitter.com/abc/status/1074932509014667264

    I like some of Pinker's work but that is drivel.

    Every person, family member, friend or acquaintance I know who voted for Trump is defined by both #1 and #2 you outlined above. He played to their fears and they bought it hook, line, and sinker. As long as a conventional, white, male, middle of the road candidate was offered up you did not clearly see their bigotry, that all changed with Trump. They clearly saw their choice between socialism, in Clinton and, fascism in Trump and voted as I expected they would.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

  12. #155
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    22,805

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Full Banjeaux sir.
    More than full, I would say. Banjeaux would be proud!

  13. #156
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    19,546

    Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Every person, family member, friend or acquaintance I know who voted for Trump is defined by both #1 and #2 you outlined above. He played to their fears and they bought it hook, line, and sinker. As long as a conventional, white, male, middle of the road candidate was offered up you did not clearly see their bigotry, that all changed with Trump. They clearly saw their choice between socialism, in Clinton and, fascism in Trump and voted as I expected they would.
    I don't think Clinton was a socialist or offering socialism. She's part of the problem. She's was a market-tested candidate backed by the financial sector who had a poor track record on minority rights, police state, and social welfare. She was the wife of the president who signed the awful welfare reforms and NAFTA and arguably her voting record was even more right leaning than Bill's. There is a reason why she lost supposed "blue bloc" midwestern states in 2016. So long as our "left" in this country is such a meek patsy to the financial/industrial elite, our fall into the excesses of right-wing extremism is all but assured.
    Last edited by rgw; February 1st, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear