Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    At this point, I favor Kamala due to feeling nostalgic. At 6'7" and well over 300 lbs, he will intimidate our enemies. He was a heel most of his career, so he's no snowflake looking for a safe space. Yeah, the Ugandan giant, being from Uganda, may have a constitutional hurdle to being president. But, that quaint notion can just be reinterpreted. And while I have no idea what Kamala's foreign or domestic policy is, the belly slapping, face paint, and mask is cool. Kamala 2020. Let's do this!

I am looking forward to Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho winning.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I will update as necessary.

Sen Kamala Harris (Calif)
    Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (N Y)
    Sen Elizabeth Warren (Mass)
    Julian Castro (Fmr HUD secretary)
    Rep Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii)
    John Delaney (Fmr MD congressman)
    Richard Orjeda (Fmr W V state senator)
    Mayor Pete Buttigieg (South Bend)
    Looks the Democratic clown car will be as entertaining as the Republican one in 2016.

The top three are the only ones I am really familiar with, Castro I have heard of.

The last guy has a very unfortunate name for a gay man.

I would support Biden but I agree his time has passed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

I'm sorry to see so many obscure candidates cluttering up the field. I prefer a firebreather like Warren or Harris but I'm hoping the Dems can nominate a candidate who can win in a landslide.

I like Castro but who is he kidding. He looks to be in his twenties. Beto lacks the experience and gravitas, but could add a spark as a veep backing up a more moderate candidate like Biden. I expect a woman will win the nomination. Klobuchar hasn't announced, but she has good sense and also can appeal to the middle. I can't stand the squeaky-voiced Gillibrand, she's a blue dog in disguise, I don't trust her at all.

Klobuchar/Beto might be the best team but we will see how it goes.

I would be very happy to see Harris or Warren as President.

Booman has a good take on this.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2019/1/22/14629/3914

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Yeah, these folks you have never heard of or lack a lot of national exposure are just cluttering up the field. I do agree that Amy Klobuchar might be a very electable candidate. She would appeal to the moderates on both right and left, she is from the Midwest which would be a plus, she has a national name and experience in the Senate.

I would prefer to see someone like Elizabeth Warren as Secretary of State or Attorney General. I think her demeanor would be better suited to one of those roles. On a lighter note, you've got to admit Kamala Harris is pretty hawt which is a plus.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

looks like a list that favors Trump. If yall really think folks like Warren has a shot then yall are fooling yall's self.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    looks like a list that favors Trump. If yall really think folks like Warren has a shot then yall are fooling yall's self.
    i think the next 12-18 months will give us an idea as to who may have a shot.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    you've got to admit Kamala Harris is pretty hawt which is a plus.
    I did not know who this is so I googled her. Not bad for a politician.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Probably right. I had no idea who Obama was in January 2007.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

I don't think Warren has a real shot at the Dem nomination. Idk about everyone else but the way she handled the Native American thing really bothered me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    I still thinking a candidate closer to the middle has a far better chance than one that has totally sold their soul to the left. Someone like Obama.

To beat Trump you need to throw your ego out of it, and not try to out heel a heel on live tv, but still remain strong with a message. What Jeb and Hillary did was stupid, Trump is a pro at being a reality TV star. I fear Warren believes she can beat him at his own game, and I believe that is why she would get destroyed by Trump despite what polls and social media seems to suggest now.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; January 23rd, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

If Larry Hogan runs we might need a Republican thread too lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

I still thinking a candidate closer to the middle has a far better chance than one that has totally sold their soul to the left. Someone like Obama.

To beat Trump you need to throw your ego out of it, and not try to out heel a heel on live tv, but still remain strong with a message. What Jeb and Hillary did was stupid, Trump is a pro at being a reality TV star. I fear Warren believes she can beat him at his own game, and I believe that is why she would get destroyed by Trump despite what polls and social media seems to suggest now.
    Agreed, that is a legitimate concern.

I don't agree that she's "sold her soul to the left." Hell, even Tucker Carlson said he agreed with her view on wealth inequality, which is the main plank in her platform. Frankly, the Overton window might slice off a few fingers when it snaps back to normal.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I don't think Warren has a real shot at the Dem nomination. Idk about everyone else but the way she handled the Native American thing really bothered me.
    I tend to have some bias toward Warren myself. I can't quite say why I don't find her to be an attractive candidate. I may be biased myself toward her as a woman and a liberal.

Before someone does thumbs down on her however and criticizes her for claiming American Indian heritage one needs to understand that she is a native of Oklahoma and very clearly could have a Cherokee heritage. She also should be credited for rising from her lower middle class roots in Oklahoma to become a noted attorney and Professor of Law at the University of Texas and Harvard University. I admire that a great deal.

It also appears to be very clear that if a Democratic woman waits for the approval of a group of primarily white males in Alabama to back her campaign for Presidency she would have the proverbial snowballs chance in the infernal regions!