Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

I have never been a fan of Warren, but as I said earlier she could have a major role in a new Democrat administration. I do agree that name calling and putting a derogatory nickname to an opponent is not the way to challenge Trump, and I do not believe those beyond Trump's base would be swayed in 2020 by this behavior. The people who vote in 2020 will also know that nothing Trump says is the truth, of course I am discounting his base who apparently believe anything he says. I am open to any candidate at this point other than Bernie, Warren and Booker.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    I tend to have some bias toward Warren myself. I can't quite say why I don't find her to be an attractive candidate. I may be biased myself toward her as a woman and a liberal.

Before someone does thumbs down on her however and criticizes her for claiming American Indian heritage one needs to understand that she is a native of Oklahoma and very clearly could have a Cherokee heritage. She also should be credited for rising from her lower middle class roots in Oklahoma to become a noted attorney and Professor of Law at the University of Texas and Harvard University. I admire that a great deal.

It also appears to be very clear that if a Democratic woman waits for the approval of a group of primarily white males in Alabama to back her campaign for Presidency she would have the proverbial snowballs chance in the infernal regions!
    This entire thread is just an academic exercise for most of us as Trumpís chances of carrying Alabama are close to 100%. Anything is possible, but it would have to be some very bizarre circumstances for a Democrat to win here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Sen Kamala Harris (Calif) --Leaning in her direction; smart and forceful. the right will try to paint her as a wonky left-coast liberal, but I don't think it'll stick. Charmin, thanks for that article--the idea behind the proposal is good, but I'm not sure about the details.

Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (N Y)--Kind of like her, but she strikes me as a bit too opportunistic; partly from the way she got her senate seat, to the way that she led the charge to force Al Franken out of the senate. Looks to see where the wind is blowing before taking action.

Sen Elizabeth Warren (Mass)--I like her, but not as a candidate. like Harris, strong and forceful, but the wow factor isn't there. A great policy wonk, though, which is something that a new democratic administration will desperately need.

Julian Castro (Fmr HUD secretary)--looks very good in comparison to the current HUD secretary, but that's about it.

Rep Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii)--, uh, no.

John Delaney (Fmr MD congressman)- who?

Richard Orjeda (Fmr W V state senator) - who?

Mayor Pete Buttigieg (South Bend) -- the jokes just write themselves on this one.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    This entire thread is just an academic exercise for most of us as Trump’s chances of carrying Alabama are close to 100%. Anything is possible, but it would have to be some very bizarre circumstances for a Democrat to win here.

georgia could actually be in play in this next go 'round
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    georgia could actually be in play in this next go 'round
    And Ohio.

FWIW Sherrod Brown is dipping his toe into the waters of "maybe running."

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    This entire thread is just an academic exercise for most of us as Trumpís chances of carrying Alabama are close to 100%. Anything is possible, but it would have to be some very bizarre circumstances for a Democrat to win here.

Anyone know how much the Shut down is affecting Alabama? Perhaps if our state is particularly affected by it Trump will lose. I doubt it is though. It seems to me life in Montgomery is the same.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Anyone know how much the Shut down is affecting Alabama? Perhaps if our state is particularly affected by it Trump will lose. I doubt it is though. It seems to me life in Montgomery is the same.
    Extensive CG facilities down here. TSA slowdown hurts larger airports more, HUD shutdown is hard to say (although I know a couple of slumlords who will be hurt by not getting that section 8 money, as well as housing developments/apartment complexes, one brand new.)
    I donít think any state is not affected.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/01/gove...eing-paid.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

BamaNation Hall of Fame

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Sen Kamala Harris (Calif) --Leaning in her direction; smart and forceful. the right will try to paint her as a wonky left-coast liberal, but I don't think it'll stick. Charmin, thanks for that article--the idea behind the proposal is good, but I'm not sure about the details.

Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (N Y)--Kind of like her, but she strikes me as a bit too opportunistic; partly from the way she got her senate seat, to the way that she led the charge to force Al Franken out of the senate. Looks to see where the wind is blowing before taking action.

Sen Elizabeth Warren (Mass)--I like her, but not as a candidate. like Harris, strong and forceful, but the wow factor isn't there. A great policy wonk, though, which is something that a new democratic administration will desperately need.

Julian Castro (Fmr HUD secretary)--looks very good in comparison to the current HUD secretary, but that's about it.

Rep Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii)--, uh, no.

John Delaney (Fmr MD congressman)- who?

Richard Orjeda (Fmr W V state senator) - who?

Mayor Pete Buttigieg (South Bend) -- the jokes just write themselves on this one.
    Believe it or not, there is already a nascent birther movement fomenting over Sen. Harris's candidacy. Challenging that her Jamaican / Indian parents were not citizens when she was born. Or some other preposterous conspiracy theory.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Believe it or not, there is already a nascent birther movement fomenting over Sen. Harris's candidacy. Challenging that her Jamaican / Indian parents were not citizens when she was born. Or some other preposterous conspiracy theory.
    It's strange. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but I don't remember them getting all upset about that. I wonder what Harris and Obama have in common?

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    It's strange. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but I don't remember them getting all upset about that. I wonder what Harris and Obama have in common?
    And John McCain was born in Panama...
    This is the darkest timeline.