Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Believe it or not, there is already a nascent birther movement fomenting over Sen. Harris's candidacy. Challenging that her Jamaican / Indian parents were not citizens when she was born. Or some other preposterous conspiracy theory.
    I think it's fueled in part by Trump's idiotic remark about stripping citizenship from such persons by executive order. His core takes such nonsense literally. I guess maybe he thought that the "Trump Court" would change the law for him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Thanks for the link. Trump may actually lose a few more counties up in North Alabama but I still doubt he loses the state. As I said earlier, as a non-government worker with no family or friends that work for the government either I see very little difference in my life. And the links you provided paint a dire picture for a few areas on Alabama but I think most areas are not feeling the sting that much. Unless the effects of this shutdown start to affect more people I think Trump still locks in Alabama and most of the other states like Alabama. The Democratic candidate will honestly just be competing for Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, etc.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Believe it or not, there is already a nascent birther movement fomenting over Sen. Harris's candidacy. Challenging that her Jamaican / Indian parents were not citizens when she was born. Or some other preposterous conspiracy theory.
    Her mom came here in 1960 and her dad in 1961 and she was born in 1964 in Oakland.

I have seen that and it is nonsense. My Facebook buddy shared some page the other day saying she supported worldwide Islamification. Which is strange since she isnt Muslim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Her mom came here in 1960 and her dad in 1961 and she was born in 1964 in Oakland.

I have seen that and it is nonsense. My Facebook buddy shared some page the other day saying she supported worldwide Islamification. Which is strange since she isnt Muslim.

What?!? You do not get all of your news off of Facebook? Where else could you possibly hear all of the VERY TRUTHFUL conspiracy theories?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Thanks for the link. Trump may actually lose a few more counties up in North Alabama but I still doubt he loses the state. As I said earlier, as a non-government worker with no family or friends that work for the government either I see very little difference in my life. And the links you provided paint a dire picture for a few areas on Alabama but I think most areas are not feeling the sting that much. Unless the effects of this shutdown start to affect more people I think Trump still locks in Alabama and most of the other states like Alabama. The Democratic candidate will honestly just be competing for Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Iowa, etc.
    Check out the link about the farmers.
    His support is dropping in every demographic of his base, except the Nazis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Check out the link about the farmers.
    His support is dropping in every demographic of his base, except the Nazis.

And trolls. Oh my God, they abound on social media.

Poll: 3/4 Dems would consider backing Ocasio-Cortez for president — but she's not old enough

The 29-year-old New York lawmaker is a rising star in the party.

========

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Poll: 3/4 Dems would consider backing Ocasio-Cortez for president — but she's not old enough

The 29-year-old New York lawmaker is a rising star in the party.

========
    I am fine with her not being old enough. Let her do a few terms in congress and if she still holds this appeal she will beat anybody.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I am fine with her not being old enough. Let her do a few terms in congress and if she still holds this appeal she will beat anybody.
    Yeah, need to find out if she is just "a one hit wonder". She has a lot to learn, but at this point she is about as stable as the Freedom Caucus members.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame

2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Yeah, need to find out if she is just "a one hit wonder". She has a lot to learn, but at this point she is about as stable as the Freedom Caucus members.
    Shes got cojones, shes quick and shes smart.
    If she learns to pick her battles wisely she will be a force to be reckoned with.
    I have to look at all the Dems deeply (so many), but what I know of most of them is negative. Only one in the list currently Id vote for - that could change.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

And trolls. Oh my God, they abound on social media.
    One reason I aint on social media anymore.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

You can cross Ojeda off the list.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wes...g-state-senate

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post

I have seen that and it is nonsense. My Facebook buddy shared some page the other day saying she supported worldwide Islamification. Which is strange since she isn’t Muslim.

This is what Trump said back in October:

“We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years, with all of those benefits,” Mr. Trump told Axios during an interview that was released in part on Tuesday, making a false claim. “It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”
    Then, further from the NYT:

Mr. Trump told Axios that while he initially believed he needed a constitutional amendment or action by Congress to make the change, the White House Counsel’s Office has advised him otherwise.
    “Now they’re saying I can do it just with an executive order,” Mr. Trump said. The White House did not immediately respond to requests for clarification of the legal grounds the president’s lawyers have given him for validating such a move.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis