Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Can't say Bernie will win but I think he fares the best against Trump. Warren has opened herself up to being mocked like Carter's Killer Squirrel incident. I fear that most of the rest will just fall back to the same HRC '16 problem where they have little political substance that actually resonates with people so they'll just point out that Trump is bad constantly. I'm certain that will be the Biden general campaign plan.
i remember a fair number of hand wringing bernie bros saying that their dislike of hillary was totally not because she was a woman. they would be happy to vote for a principled progressive woman like elizabeth warren.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think you've convinced anyone that a far left agenda will win but keep trying. BTW, it was a beaver and one scared the crap out of me in Wyoming once...
I don't know Sanders will win but trying the same thing as 2016 all over again and expecting different results...what do they say about that again? :D

Warren is solidly my #2 choice but I really worry that the right propaganda machine will work better on her than Sanders. Probably the double punch of misogyny and anti-intellectualism working against her.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
i remember a fair number of hand wringing bernie bros saying that their dislike of hillary was totally not because she was a woman. they would be happy to vote for a principled progressive woman like elizabeth warren.
Yeah Warren is my #2.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know Sanders will win but trying the same thing as 2016 all over again and expecting different results...what do they say about that again? :D

Warren is solidly my #2 choice but I really worry that the right propaganda machine will work better on her than Sanders. Probably the double punch of misogyny and anti-intellectualism working against her.
Trump would have a far easier time with Sanders if Warren realizes that to win she needs to keep on policy instead of slinging mud. Sanders would have an uphill battle in trying to win the MW and MA vote.

As far as trying the same thing twice... sanders is trying the same thing again. All Sanders is; is the left’s Ron Paul. Big ideas, big solutions, and an easy concept, but with very little facts and real research behind them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It only seems like 2016 again to certain parties. If the BBs stay home again, then welcome to four more of Trump, if that's what you want...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trump would have a far easier time with Sanders if Warren realizes that to win she needs to keep on policy instead of slinging mud. Sanders would have an uphill battle in trying to win the MW and MA vote.

As far as trying the same thing twice... sanders is trying the same thing again. All Sanders is; is the left’s Ron Paul. Big ideas, big solutions, and an easy concept, but with very little facts and real research behind them.
I've said it over and over, but history has proven that the weight of the American electorate is in the middle, not on either wing, except in trying times such as depressions and wars. Trump is an anomaly but one with a chance at four more, with his solid base and independents and minorities staying home, which they will do with a Bernie campaign...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've said it over and over, but history has proven that the weight of the American electorate is in the middle, not on either wing, except in trying times such as depressions and wars. Trump is an anomaly but one with a chance at four more, with his solid base and independents and minorities staying home, which they will do with a Bernie campaign...
Yeah I think the constant line around Bernie speaking well to the MW farmer and minority voters better than most is bogus. The fact that he still lost all of the South and 3/4ths of the MW to Hillary kinda shoots that take down.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

warren is spending a lot of time talking about policy in her talks around the country. that seems to be what is endearing her to lots of folks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
warren is spending a lot of time talking about policy in her talks around the country. that seems to be what is endearing her to lots of folks.
I get it, but when she actually has to face trump in a campaign can she resist her urges to go for low blows is the question.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I just do not see anyone with a strong lean to the left beating Trump (Warren and Sanders). I still believe it is going to take a candidate who can appeal to the right center (who are ashamed of and embarrassed by Trump) to the left side of center. I basically like Warren, but have no use for Sanders.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It only seems like 2016 again to certain parties. If the BBs stay home again, then welcome to four more of Trump, if that's what you want...
I never really got the Bernie Bros thing because well over half of the DSA types I know personally or follow online are women.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The difference is pelosi isn’t running for President.
Correct. I don't mind Pelosi's setting him off at all. In fact, I enjoy it. Maybe he'll have a stroke. :))) OTOH, I think it's damaging for a female presidential candidate to get down there in the mud with him. Maybe it's not the way things should be, but I think it's the way it is...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I hope the debate authorities make the candidates remained seated during the presidential debates and not allow them to walk around and hover behind the other candidate as trump did to Clinton. I also believe confining trump and his opponent to being seated for the duration of the debate will work against trump with his impulsiveness and attention span.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hope the debate authorities make the candidates remained seated during the presidential debates and not allow them to walk around and hover behind the other candidate as trump did to Clinton. I also believe confining trump and his opponent to being seated for the duration of the debate will work against trump with his impulsiveness and attention span.
if she would have turned around and kicked him in his shriveled nuts when he did that i think she would have won in a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.