Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 57
Page 57 of 135 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

No surprise here...

Comcast executive to host Joe Biden fundraiser

Unlike many of his competitors, Biden is courting some of the party's traditional high-dollar donors to support his campaign, which is evident from the invitation to the fundraiser, obtained by CBS Philadelphia. The Cohens, along with cohosts who include top lobbyists and lawyers in Pennsylvania, are seeking donations of at least $2,800 to attend the fundraiser

"Everyone is treated with dignity" says Joe! "Hate is given no safe harbor" says Joe. "WE can't forget what happened in Charlottesville" says Joe. "It's who we are" says Joe.

"This is America!" says Joe.

"Old dog - new tricks"

Something which tends to be forgotten...

Biden
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Something which tends to be forgotten...

Biden
    It's forgotten for a reason. Several actually. Ironically all having to do with politics.

That said - most voters will vote for Biden because of his likability - not his policies.

They will NOT vote for the others - because of their policies.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    It's forgotten for a reason. Several actually. Ironically all having to do with politics.

That said - most voters will vote for Biden because of his likability - not his policies.

They will NOT vote for the others - because of their policies.
    so you are saying there are no other likable candidates running for the nom?

assuming he makes it to the debates, i think the effects of his age will become very evident in comparison to the other candidates. same thing with bernie.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    so you are saying there are no other likable candidates running for the nom?

assuming he makes it to the debates, i think the effects of his age will become very evident in comparison to the other candidates. same thing with bernie.
    Put another way - I think he is the most likeable candidate overall.

I look forward to the debates and feel with Biden in now - they will be much more enjoyable (watchable).
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Put another way - I think he is the most likeable candidate overall.

I look forward to the debates and feel with Biden in now - they will be much more enjoyable (watchable).
    he certainly is "likable". but he is also looking fairly frail and old and campaigning can take its toll.

i think that with the field that is currently there, the debates will be substantive and watchable - in addition to being a stark contrast to the slow motion trainwreck that is the gop - regardless of whether or not biden is in.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

he certainly is "likable". but he is also looking fairly frail and old and campaigning can take its toll.

i think that with the field that is currently there, the debates will be substantive and watchable - in addition to being a stark contrast to the slow motion trainwreck that is the gop - regardless of whether or not biden is in.
    Yeah yeah but....the REAL fun starts when we get into the presidential debates - assuming the president does run for re-election, which seems more and more likely every day - although I still have some doubt. Nevertheless, if he's in it - we're in for some entertainment of the highest order!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Yeah yeah but....the REAL fun starts when we get into the presidential debates - assuming the president does run for re-election, which seems more and more likely every day - although I still have some doubt. Nevertheless, if he's in it - we're in for some entertainment of the highest order!
    we are already being "entertained" at the highest order by the 24-7 reality show that y'all voted in. i'll pass on the entertainment aspect.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

we are already being "entertained" at the highest order by the 24-7 reality show that y'all voted in. i'll pass on the entertainment aspect.
    Trust me...we have MUCH more to look forward to!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Trust me...we have MUCH more to look forward to!
    many of us do not see that as a good thing

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

From the Dems who are running, I'm not sure I see someone who can beat Ol Bonespurs. I'll vote for anyone but him, but no Dem candidate yet gets me excited.

BamaNation All-American

I find Biden likable in a crazy uncle kind of way. Not at all in a I want that dude to be president kind of way. But maybe I'm in the minority.