Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Please God, no...

https://apple.news/AkXeFywvWSA6YK94AQQu8NQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think she has lost the support of the Democratic party to the extent she would have to drop out of the primaries pretty early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I think she has lost the support of the Democratic party to the extent she would have to drop out of the primaries pretty early.
    Too much of the party has signaled that they're ready for new blood; however, that doesn't mean that she doesn't still have enough sway to drag the party down with her...again. On a broader level, the people who were dumb enough to be swayed by all the false equivalencies and blatant lies have not gotten any smarter in the past two years.
    This is the darkest timeline.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Please God, no...

I am not going to panic but I am going to puke.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame

2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Now Schultz is going to run as an independent.
    This would be funny if it wasnít so scary.

https://apple.news/AEztwEtR3RKWwCFbj_bw2eA

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-American

Please God, no...

I agree, letís hope we donít have to go through that again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

It's Still Bernie - Amber Frost (Warning this has some language but I think the assessment of this weak pool of Dem candidates is frank and accurate)

Barack Obama was the very last ďhoroscope candidateĒ ó a politician who manages to speak so vaguely that his platform could mean anything to anyone. Itís not going to work this time around; the Democratic Party is not going to be able trick people into believing that Liz Warren is a social democrat. Ditto for Kamala ďCopĒ Harris, a woman whose duplicitous record as a prosecutor includes the defense of the death penalty, three strikes laws, and the imprisonment of single mothers for the truancy of their children. You really think you can convince anyone that Kamala Harris is a woman of the people? Sherrod Brown has gone all in with Russiagate hysteria (also he signs his tweets). And before you even think of it, donít even bother with Beto, who is to the right of all of the aforementioned, and votes to the right of the median Democrat.
    Last edited by rgw; January 27th, 2019 at 10:45 PM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

What I'll add, I don't know if I agree with her assertion that Bernie is the only hope. I happen to think, with how Trump's presidency is going, that Elizabeth Warren is the only candidate that is weak to Trump. She's too much of a nerd. While I agree with her sentiment that financial regulation missteps helped erode the middle class, it is but one of several attacks to middle class prosperity and everyone who has been affected by these circumstances is aware of it. Financial wonk stuff is like the birth control glasses they hand out in basic combat training. It is not going to rally the masses. You need to be talking about base income, minimum wages, free trade agreements that sell out american labor for pacific asiatic exploitation labor, and the general social safety net. The DNP wishes Warren could gain traction in the growing SocDem caucus in their big tent but it ain't happening. Compassionate capitalism as Warren likes to talk about rings hallow with mostly everyone but those already comfortable in the current social arrangement.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

By the time the next Presidential election gets here, only the most dug in Trumpers will be able to ignore what it referred to in the linked article as "Russiagate hysteria."

Now Schultz is going to run as an independent.
    This would be funny if it wasnít so scary.

https://apple.news/AEztwEtR3RKWwCFbj_bw2eA
    Still a hundred times better than what we have now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Schultz would assure Trump's victory more like than his defeat. Centrist liberals by hook or by crook will always choose fascism over progressive leftist policies. Schultz is the out to basically vote hard-right without actually doing it. Enough of those types are spooked by the apparent pull leftward on the DNP that I imagine he'd get that a few percentages points in states that makes a difference.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Schultz would assure Trump's victory more like than his defeat. Centrist liberals by hook or by crook will always choose fascism over progressive leftist policies. Schultz is the out to basically vote hard-right without actually doing it. Enough of those types are spooked by the apparent pull leftward on the DNP that I imagine he'd get that a few percentages points in states that makes a difference.
    Schultz ainít as far left as heís being portrayed; you simply canít be far left if youre not for universal healthcare/Medicare for all.
    Thatís practically a requirement.
    And of course, the elephant in the room: how long Trump remains in office this term. His completion of it, right now, is no better than 50/50 IMO. Who else do the Republicans have? Pence?

Last edited by twofbyc; January 28th, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Schultz ainít as far left as heís being portrayed; you simply canít be far left if youre not for universal healthcare/Medicare for all.

But he owns that libtard loving Starbucks. But they did get in trouble for not letting blacks hang out. So he could appeal to the MAGA racists out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

And of course, the elephant in the room: how long Trump remains in office this term. His completion of it, right now, is no better than 50/50 IMO. Who else do the Republicans have? Pence?

I know, he's a "neoliberal" as the cool kids say. He's basically this famous tweet: