Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 84
Page 84 of 135 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194134 ... LastLast
Results 1,080 to 1,092 of 1745
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Oh yea I agree. The far left or whatever doesn't run the party at all. And I'm not a far left guy myself(though some may see me that way on some issues). And I don't think Sanders has much of a chance.

However, I voted for Hillary in 2016 and if I could do it all over would consider Sanders much more seriously and probably vote for him. And, I would vote for Bernie this year if I need to (if its down to him and Biden at least).

I doubt I'm the only one who moved in that direction but I could be a minority idk. And FWIW, It's not that I've actually become that much more liberal its more that I think there is more urgency to push a progressive agenda than I did pre Trump.
    Im more in the whoever can beat Trump camp. I think Biden, Mayor Pete, Kamala, and Liz are the only ones Im really considering right now. But Im undecided on which one.

But the overall point is that the Elderly white demographic and a portion of the African American demographics is going to decide who wins the nomination like it always does. So Sanders can get all the younger crowd he wants and still lose miserably. all these protests, rallies, and town halls he holds with all these college students might only produce 10 votes out of every 100 people there.

BamaNation All-American

I found this interesting...

Ta-Nehisi Coates Revisits the Case for Reparations

Are there candidates that you take more seriously than others when they talk about reparations?Yeah, I think Elizabeth Warren is probably serious.

In what way?
    I think she means it. I mean—I guess it will break a little news—after “The Case for Reparations” came out, she just asked me to come and talk one on one with her about it.

This is five years ago, when your piece came out in The Atlantic?
    Yeah, maybe it was a little later than that, but it was about the time. It was well before she declared anything about running for President.

And what was your conversation with Elizabeth Warren like?
    She had read it. She was deeply serious, and she had questions. And it wasn’t, like, Will you do X, Y, and Z for me? It wasn’t, like, I’m trying to demonstrate I’m serious. I have not heard from her since, either, by the way.

Have you talked to any candidates about it?
    No.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Biden tells group of rich donors that "nothing will fundamentally change" if he's elected president.

Yup, pretty much knew that already, Joe, but thanks for clarifying.

I remember the last time this reparations thing went around. A certain segment of the local African-American population was firmly convinced that the reparations check was going to arrive any day...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I remember the last time this reparations thing went around. A certain segment of the local African-American population was firmly convinced that the reparations check was going to arrive any day...
    Yea, I seriously doubt that ever happens. I do hope we eventually have some form of reparations though.

he was at a congressional hearing on reparations today

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1141361082562273281

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1141361082562273281

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

538: Only Two Meaningful Shifts Have Happened In The Democratic Primary So Far

tl;dr the only candidates who have risen in polls are Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg. Everyone else has gone down (or is actively plummeting, in the case of Biden).

And yes, I would be elated with a Warren/Buttigieg ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    538: Only Two Meaningful Shifts Have Happened In The Democratic Primary So Far

tl;dr the only candidates who have risen in polls are Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg. Everyone else has gone down (or is actively plummeting, in the case of Biden).

And yes, I would be elated with a Warren/Buttigieg ticket.
    However, neither individually polls as well against Trump as Biden does, so far, anyway...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Reparations should be paid to any black american who was a slave.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I have reservations about Buttigieg and Warren but they’re not appalling like Joe Biden. It’s like people forgot the Diamond Joe Biden onion satire was satire.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

One more clown climbs on board.

https://cnn.it/2N4fqVD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    One more clown climbs on board.

https://cnn.it/2N4fqVD

Somebody should tell him the Republican bus has plenty of available seats.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Somebody should tell him the Republican bus has plenty of available seats.
    I wish a serious Republican would primary him.