May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We'll see.....
You'll be a regular Corky Simpson. I know you're not an attorney, but I'm afraid you just don't realize what's going on legally. He's handcuffed (or will be without the protection of office). You seem bright. IDK why you can't understand that. FYI, there is no statute of limitations on estate tax fraud like that committed by him and his siblings. That's the reason his sister was forced off the bench. SDNY and NY State are rubbing their hands with glee and waiting for him to leave office...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You'll be a regular Corky Simpson. I know you're not an attorney, but I'm afraid you just don't realize what's going on legally. He's handcuffed (or will be without the protection of office). You seem bright. IDK why you can't understand that. FYI, there is no statute of limitations on estate tax fraud like that committed by him and his siblings. That's the reason his sister was forced off the bench. SDNY and NY State are rubbing their hands with glee and waiting for him to leave office...
I never disagreed with anything you said, though.

I just said "We'll see."

If I've learned anything in my 64 years - it's never count on anything to happen a certain way when it comes to legal issues.

Maybe it's just my perspective as a non-lawyer (?) :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I never disagreed with anything you said, though.

I just said "We'll see."

If I've learned anything in my 64 years - it's never count on anything to happen a certain way when it comes to legal issues.

Maybe it's just my perspective as a non-lawyer (?) :D
I think you just like acting like you're dense to stir the pot...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
No, you are wrong. Would you leave office if you knew it meant instant prosecution. The only way he will leave is with a deal. No, make that multiple deals...
He may in fact not want to seek re-election, which I doubt, but as Earle said he has no choice unless he can cut multiple deals. He will have to make deals also on the behalf of his children and Kushner because the SDNY will have them in their crosshairs as well as the liar-in-chief. If he loses his re-election bid then he may not have any leverage to cut any kind of deal, unless he wants to throw himself under the bus to protect his children, which I don't see happening.

As for the Dems, IMO, their biggest threat is that Bernie's minions will pull their stay at home tactic again which will certainly benefit trump. I think we will get a clearer picture after the first few debates which should thin out the herd. My hope is that the House investigative committees keep the WH in turmoil enough to make it difficult to function in a campaign mode.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He may in fact not want to seek re-election, which I doubt, but as Earle said he has no choice unless he can cut multiple deals. He will have to make deals also on the behalf of his children and Kushner because the SDNY will have them in their crosshairs as well as the liar-in-chief. If he loses his re-election bid then he may not have any leverage to cut any kind of deal, unless he wants to throw himself under the bus to protect his children, which I don't see happening.

As for the Dems, IMO, their biggest threat is that Bernie's minions will pull their stay at home tactic again which will certainly benefit trump. I think we will get a clearer picture after the first few debates which should thin out the herd. My hope is that the House investigative committees keep the WH in turmoil enough to make it difficult to function in a campaign mode.
It's more complex than even that. The scam he and his siblings pulled in their estate tax caper not only defrauded the US Treasury, it defrauded the State of New York out of hundreds of millions. There's no telling what their bill is, with fraud penalties and interest since the '90s. Any deal would have to cover the siblings and they may just decide to turn state's evidence on their brother, since it appears he masterminded the scheme. Those state prosecutors are all Democrats and they're just waiting and biding their time at this point. About the only thing which can save him from prosecution and eventual imprisonment, after office, is to have himself declared "President for Life." I give the chance he'll try that very small but not non-existent. After all, he says he has the backing of the army (he thinks)...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not sure exactly what you are referring to --- but when I said I won't count on anything when it comes to legal issues --- you don't have to look hard to find stuff that (as a non-lawyer especially) makes you scratch your head:

(scroll down to legal issues)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett
I know what I'm talking about. Post all you want about his resigning or refusing to run. I won't reply. It's useless because I can't make you understand. (Or I'm being trolled.)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I know what I'm talking about. Post all you want about his resigning or refusing to run. I won't reply. It's useless because I can't make you understand. (Or I'm being trolled.)
Sorry - I didn't mean to imply anything disrespectful. I was just responding to your posts with my perspectives.

No trolling.

I agree, probably best to leave it for now. We'll have plenty of time at a later date to re-visit. ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry - I didn't mean to imply anything disrespectful. I was just responding to your posts with my perspectives.

No trolling.

I agree, probably best to leave it for now. We'll have plenty of time at a later date to re-visit. ;)
Yes, I look forward to it. I like to watch karma catch up with scofflaws like Trump and there are a host of LEOs out there waiting for their chance at him...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Where’s Beto O’Rourke? Has he gone into seclusion or something?
he (and others) spoke at the "she the people" event a couple of days ago. there is a link to a video of the event here

Eight Democrats running for the White House, including Julián Castro and Beto O'Rourke, are set to speak at a presidential forum in Texas focused on women of color. Tune in live here.

The candidates set to speak are U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, former Housing Secretary Julián Castro, U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders and U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Each candidate will appear onstage individually for a discussion.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
No surprise here.......

McCain family to support Biden in 2020 race in bid to defeat Trump

by Joseph Simonson
& Naomi Lim
| April 24, 2019 12:56 PM

I predict that once Biden is in, the focus of the race for the Democratic nomination will center around him. I don't see Bernie getting the nomination and feel Pete Buttelieg will be the only other candidate who will be a serious contender.

:pDT_popc1:
Does this make McCain a Republican that is too liberal for the Republican party or Biden a democrat that's to conservative for the Democratic party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.