Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'll admit that it concerns me. I'll be 80 later this year and, despite all my surgeries, etc., I'm in as general good health as anyone else my age. I would worry about stamina. OTOH, if I were allowed to come to work at 11:00 AM like trump and just watch TV until then, like he does, I probably could do it. My work day started at 7:30 AM today, yesterday being a holiday. It's worth remembering that Konrad Adenauer took over as chancellor of West Germany in 1949 at the age of 73 - and held that post until 1963...
I used to work for a car dealership. We had this salesman that had been there forever. I don’t know how old he was, but had to be mid-70s at the youngest. His son worked there and he looked around 40 or so.

He was still a good salesman and a hard worker.

Anyway, once he had to go in the hospital for a few days. When he got back to work, he said the doctor told him to go to half days. He said that meant he would only work 12 hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I used to work for a car dealership. We had this salesman that had been there forever. I don’t know how old he was, but had to be mid-70s at the youngest. His son worked there and he looked around 40 or so.

He was still a good salesman and a hard worker.

Anyway, once he had to go in the hospital for a few days. When he got back to work, he said the doctor told him to go to half days. He said that meant he would only work 12 hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any time you work for the public, it's a lot harder to cut back on time than it might appear. I referred an estate out to another attorney this morning...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
All three are too old.

That said, I have a fiddle-leaf fig in the living room that would make a better president than Trump, so
Ficus lyrata

Excellent indoor plant!

I have a fairly large one (touching the ceiling) single trunk which branches into three about 3' up.

I have two more nice full 6 footers in pots but they're outside because of space constrictions.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'll admit that it concerns me. I'll be 80 later this year and, despite all my surgeries, etc., I'm in as general good health as anyone else my age. I would worry about stamina. OTOH, if I were allowed to come to work at 11:00 AM like trump and just watch TV until then, like he does, I probably could do it. My work day started at 7:30 AM today, yesterday being a holiday. It's worth remembering that Konrad Adenauer took over as chancellor of West Germany in 1949 at the age of 73 - and held that post until 1963...
From what I understand Trump is a workaholic:

"He's an incredible workaholic. Work is his life," he said. "What we found is that even socializing for him was solely for the publicity to build his brand. In many ways he's a lonely and solitary figure."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I switched dermatologists yesterday. (The old one missed my basal cell cancer.) I mentioned something about 80-year old skin and it visibly startled her and she said she would have placed me around 60. She's 62 herself, so she thought we were about the same age... :D
Sounds like she was hitting on you, Earle! :p

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Any time you work for the public, it's a lot harder to cut back on time than it might appear. I referred an estate out to another attorney this morning...
I've been turning work away like crazy for the past year or so - takes some getting used to. The more you do it though, the easier it gets (hint hint).....:cool:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
IMHO...............Biden is not too old.

Key would be for him to have the "right' running mate.

Someone who could easily be perceived as able to run the country if the situation calls for it, God forbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.