247Sports' New Feature: Transfer Portal List - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Re: 247Sports' New Feature: Transfer Portal List

Fields rated a 5 star while doing absolutely nothing at this level is kinda funny to me.
    ďAnd the roses in this grand olí stadium are once again Crimson!Ē - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasnít just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Fields rated a 5 star while doing absolutely nothing at this level is kinda funny to me.
    Stars and ranking score are from recruiting profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thanks for posting this!

Unreal how many players are listed!

I had no idea.

Seems like a lot of Gamecocks there too.
    Itís college football free agency. We should just call it what it is. Iím fine with it. One- any student can transfer. Two- coaches leave and can coach right away, and Three- scholarships are yearly. That said, I can absolutely see how this is NOT good for college football. Most of us love college football for how it differs from the pros and yet they seem to try and keep making more and more like them. Just my thoughts.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Noticed that, too. Hopefully, that gets changed soon.

Edit: Looks like the function is coming...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1088181097199009793

My fears about those guys is that for every guy like Jalen Hurts, there are probably half dozen head cases that have been encouraged to transfer...

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Almost seems like a FERPA violation for 247 to have that information.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    Almost seems like a FERPA violation for 247 to have that information.
    FERPA only protects PII data, not enrollment or transfer data. For instance, they can't list his address, phone number, etc - or his grades. They can say when and where he was enrolled.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

I am glad to see this list. Now if us who follow recruiting stats can figure how to adjust recruiting. For example, is LSU still 2nd in the SEC West? over a four year span?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation All-American

The TE from FL St., Upshur . . we were interested originally. . wonder if he could do most of what Irv Smith did for us. . . AND if there is any interest.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    The TE from FL St., Upshur . . we were interested originally. . wonder if he could do most of what Irv Smith did for us. . . AND if there is any interest.
    Miller is just as good as Irv, IMO. He would have been your starter this year in that role if not for his injury. I am more interested in seeing who can play the role of Hentges.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Miller is just as good as Irv, IMO. He would have been your starter this year in that role if not for his injury. I am more interested in seeing who can play the role of Hentges.
    Yep. I was high on Miller Foristall until he got hurt and I think he will be productive but the TE to watch our for is Kedrick James (suspended the first four games along w/ Deonte). Bigger than Irv but can run, block and has great hands.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yep. I was high on Miller Foristall until he got hurt and I think he will be productive but the TE to watch our for is Kedrick James (suspended the first four games along w/ Deonte). Bigger than Irv but can run, block and has great hands.
    IIRC there was a ton of hype around Kedrick James in the offseason and he played pretty well in the scrimmages.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    IIRC there was a ton of hype around Kedrick James in the offseason and he played pretty well in the scrimmages.
    Me too. IIRC he made some ridiculous catches in some of the scrimmages that came out. Tough to get on the field with Irv and Hale entrenched but he will get his chance now when he returns.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    It’s college football free agency. We should just call it what it is. I’m fine with it. One- any student can transfer. Two- coaches leave and can coach right away, and Three- scholarships are yearly. That said, I can absolutely see how this is NOT good for college football. Most of us love college football for how it differs from the pros and yet they seem to try and keep making more and more like them. Just my thoughts.

Yes, this is sort of a free agency but I don't see it as such a bad thing. Of all these guys only a handful are going to make a difference at a major program. But it is good for the players because they have the option to transfer for playing time that they may not be getting currently. I just see it as a good thing for all involved. They still have to sit out a year unless they are a grad transfer.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda