247Sports' New Feature: Transfer Portal List

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The TE from FL St., Upshur . . we were interested originally. . wonder if he could do most of what Irv Smith did for us. . . AND if there is any interest.
Miller is just as good as Irv, IMO. He would have been your starter this year in that role if not for his injury. I am more interested in seeing who can play the role of Hentges.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Miller is just as good as Irv, IMO. He would have been your starter this year in that role if not for his injury. I am more interested in seeing who can play the role of Hentges.
Yep. I was high on Miller Foristall until he got hurt and I think he will be productive but the TE to watch our for is Kedrick James (suspended the first four games along w/ Deonte). Bigger than Irv but can run, block and has great hands.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yep. I was high on Miller Foristall until he got hurt and I think he will be productive but the TE to watch our for is Kedrick James (suspended the first four games along w/ Deonte). Bigger than Irv but can run, block and has great hands.
IIRC there was a ton of hype around Kedrick James in the offseason and he played pretty well in the scrimmages.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
IIRC there was a ton of hype around Kedrick James in the offseason and he played pretty well in the scrimmages.
Me too. IIRC he made some ridiculous catches in some of the scrimmages that came out. Tough to get on the field with Irv and Hale entrenched but he will get his chance now when he returns.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It’s college football free agency. We should just call it what it is. I’m fine with it. One- any student can transfer. Two- coaches leave and can coach right away, and Three- scholarships are yearly. That said, I can absolutely see how this is NOT good for college football. Most of us love college football for how it differs from the pros and yet they seem to try and keep making more and more like them. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, this is sort of a free agency but I don't see it as such a bad thing. Of all these guys only a handful are going to make a difference at a major program. But it is good for the players because they have the option to transfer for playing time that they may not be getting currently. I just see it as a good thing for all involved. They still have to sit out a year unless they are a grad transfer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama didn't sign as many as expected/hoped today. There are a few scholarships available then. Worth keeping the link handy to see who is immediately available at certain positions that could help UA.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Or have a good attorney who can win an appeal. Too bad there is not a DT and ILB on the list that would be available to start for us in the fall.
I think we will be ok at DT, but we need an ILB . I can’t believe the school that put McClain, RAGLAND, Mosley, Foster in the NFL doesn’t have ILBs lining up to play in Tuscaloosa!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Penniston, 6-5 230 , TE transfer from Wisconsin, high three star (.889) out of HS, recruited by OU, signed with Wisconsin. Grad transfer , 2 years of IMMEDIATE eligibility!

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think we will be ok at DT, but we need an ILB . I can’t believe the school that put McClain, RAGLAND, Mosley, Foster in the NFL doesn’t have ILBs lining up to play in Tuscaloosa!
The kid from Tennessee, Macon, doesn't look like a bad prospect at ILB..............and I'd take Wheatley or Penniston at TE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.