247Sports' New Feature: Transfer Portal List

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Have you ever wondered what player has entered the transfer portal but has not been heard from or seen since? Now, 247 has a list to help you know who is still out there in the portal.

Click

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I see an Alex Gellerstedt is in the portal from Penn State. Any relation to Sammy I wonder?

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Wonder why they don't sort the players by team they're leaving? Doesn't appear to be sorted in any way..

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Does anyone have any insight about what is going on at Penn State? Is it something about Franklin that is driving all these players to transfer / leave early?

Update: A quick google search answered my question lol. Had no idea he was such a tool...

https://www.app.com/story/sports/nc...ll-james-franklin-5-reasons-worst/1986050002/
He is a first class scum bag and should not be allowed to coach football at any level. His actions during the investigation of 3 of his Vanderbilt players for raping a student were reprehensible. All three are doing 15-25 years in the big house.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Thanks for posting this!

Unreal how many players are listed!

I had no idea.

Seems like a lot of Gamecocks there too. :rolleye2:
It’s college football free agency. We should just call it what it is. I’m fine with it. One- any student can transfer. Two- coaches leave and can coach right away, and Three- scholarships are yearly. That said, I can absolutely see how this is NOT good for college football. Most of us love college football for how it differs from the pros and yet they seem to try and keep making more and more like them. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Almost seems like a FERPA violation for 247 to have that information.
FERPA only protects PII data, not enrollment or transfer data. For instance, they can't list his address, phone number, etc - or his grades. They can say when and where he was enrolled.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am glad to see this list. Now if us who follow recruiting stats can figure how to adjust recruiting. For example, is LSU still 2nd in the SEC West? over a four year span?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.