A name to watch is OL Javonne Shepard
    BamaNation All-American

A name to watch is OL Javonne Shepard

Texas commit. I know what everyone is going to say we have plenty of OL but this guy is special imo. He's visiting this weekend.

2. Advertisement

Re: A name to watch is Shepard

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Saban has contingency plans for his contingency plans.

BamaNation All-American

Question is, is he really interested? Have to think at least somewhat since he`ll be here. Would we have room? What with all the comings and goings and all the different shirts of various hues, I`ve given up . Personally, I think it takes someone of keen intellect and a muti million dollar salary just to keep up with all the permutations. Wait... doesn`t that describe CNS ? .

Anyway, it`s impossible to have too many quality O and D line guys, IMO.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: A name to watch is OL Javonne Shepard

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Texas commit. I know what everyone is going to say we have plenty of OL but this guy is special imo. He's visiting this weekend.
    I love these guys in the trenches and we cannot have enough IMHO. Plus, to take him from Texas would be sweet.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Would he be an OL? There was a 5* OT Alabama took out of Texas late in the process in 2013 that turned out to be a pretty solid DL.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Seems to be a solid Offensive Lineman according to what I have seen. Nothing mentions Defense. Here is an article from December:

https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...fensive-tackle
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I am thinking we are going to take 3-5 more in this class and Saban is putting together about 8-10 late targets in priority order. If we miss on guys 1-5 or some of them then we look at taking guys 6-10. If it gets into 6-10 and we still have spots then we take best available no matter of position.