Popular Songs That You Truly Despise

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I was driving in this morning to our local "oldies" radio station. And back to back they played two of my least favorite songs ever. If I made a list of songs I truly hate -- these would both be in the Top 10. So, it got me to thinking -- what songs that charted high and were very popular, do you just detest, and can't figure out why they became such big hits. (And - I'm not really talking about cheesy stuff like "Who Let the Dogs Out" or "Macarena" - I'm talking about stuff that some people love and still play today).

Oh....the two songs?

Ugh.....

Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison

Ugh.....

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Roxanne … The Police This song just sucks from the get go and gets worse.

Wild Horses … The Rolling Stones. I love the Stones, just don't get the infatuation with Wild Horses.

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing … Aerosmith Agree with Cajun. Again I love Aerosmith, but this song is just LAME.

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy … Kenny Chesney I don't listen to much country because of song like this.

YMCA … geez

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was driving in this morning to our local "oldies" radio station. And back to back they played two of my least favorite songs ever. If I made a list of songs I truly hate -- these would both be in the Top 10. So, it got me to thinking -- what songs that charted high and were very popular, do you just detest, and can't figure out why they became such big hits. (And - I'm not really talking about cheesy stuff like "Who Let the Dogs Out" or "Macarena" - I'm talking about stuff that some people love and still play today).

Oh....the two songs?

Ugh.....

Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison

Ugh.....
I do agree with these two. Poison was terrible anyway.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If I went back to the 70s, I'd toss in "Midnight at the Oasis" (Maria Muldair (sp?)) and "Stand Tall" (Burton Cummings)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't care for Rap or Hip-hop. In fact, I never even understood how it could be called "music".

I pick and choose from Country....some is mighty fine.

Everything else is OK.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I will have to give this some thought since this is going to be a good thread, but will just say for starters, any country music post 1970
I dunno - Willie has turned in a few since then....
But on the whole, yeah.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think you could put any pop in this category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
A song from today- God's Plan by Drake.

An "oldie"- I do not like most anything Fleetwood Mac has made. Stevie Nick's voice is like fingers on a chalkboard.

Nickelback grates my nerves more than any group every assembled. Just goes to show that anything random can pop out of Canada and American lives are worse because of it. ETA- I guess this applies to Drake & Justin Bieber too. I say we boycott all Canadian music.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
A song from today- God's Plan by Drake.

An "oldie"- I do not like most anything Fleetwood Mac has made. Stevie Nick's voice is like fingers on a chalkboard.

Nickelback grates my nerves more than any group every assembled. Just goes to show that anything random can pop out of Canada and American lives are worse because of it. ETA- I guess this applies to Drake & Justin Bieber too. I say we boycott all Canadian music.
I never realized how much Stevie Nicks sounds like a goat until South Park did an episode referencing it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.