RIP Coach Jack Rutledge

crimson18

Feb 14, 2018
Heard the news of his passing this morning from a family member. He played on the '61 championship team and coached for many years under Coach Bryant and Coach Stallings. In addition, he was the football dorm director for many years. Rest in Peace, Coach Rutledge.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Tragic news indeed for all who love Alabama football. Coach Rutledge was a mainstay on CPB's staff for many years. Thanks for your love and dedication to the University of Alabama, Coach, rest in peace.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Sorry to hear this. I remember playing bridge with the Rutledges while we were living in Tuscaloosa years ago. He was truly a class act as were most of the people with whom Coach Bryant surrounded himself.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I loved Coach Rutledge and he tells a good story too........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgB3COEQIyM
Gives me chills just listening to him. The fact he could recite word for word a CPB locker room speech decades after ought to tell you just how much of an impression CPB made on his players. Anyone who played for CPB who played for CNS really owes it to themselves, to their coach, to the tradition, to the university, and the fans to sit down and capture their thoughts, feelings, and memories of their time playing under these legendary coaches.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.