5 star RB Ealy (Update: Ole Miss) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 5 star RB Ealy

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Don't worry about the numbers, Saban,and staff will figure out the numbers. Recruiting is a lot more fun to watch when you don't get tied up in that end
    I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they surmised this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
    Last edited by bamaga; January 28th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they summized this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
    I'd take as many as possible..................

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I saw on Roll Bama Roll , where they summized this weekends prospect visits, the article said to not be surprised if we go over 30 this cycle, and maybe ink 35. Don’t question it, just trust the process
    I am not sure how you get to 30, much less 35, in this cycle. Even Saban can't make 2+2 = 3

The most Saban has taken at Alabama was 32 in 2008, and many of them were because several Shula players left. Don't see how Alabama could get to 35 at this point. 30 is possible since the current class is at 28 (24 are signed).
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The most Saban has taken at Alabama was 32 in 2008, and many of them were because several Shula players left. Don't see how Alabama could get to 35 at this point. 30 is possible since the current class is at 28 (24 are signed).
    Trimming? Maybe coaches aren't the only ones being asked to look elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

I’m just summarizing the article on SB nation-
    If you have read this far (thank you), you are probably wondering “wait a minute. Alabama has 24 commits! How can they add ALL these guys?”

24 signed + 4 committed unsigned = 28

Word is Alabama will take all three of Byron Young, Ish Sopsher and Nathan Pickering if they commit = 31.

Bama needs a tight end and might just take Ealy to keep him away from Clemson = 33.

They could take both To’oto’o AND Heimuli but will definitely take at least one = 35.

This is one of those moments where you have to trust in the Process®. Saban appears to have everything completely in his control to bring together possibly the greatest Alabama recruiting class ever. Don’t be surprised if this Crimson Tide class hits the big 3-0 or goes over.

Hold onto your Houndstooth hats. It’s about to get crazy up in here.
    https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1/...ball-nsd-saban

Of course , if it’s on the Internet, it must be true!
    Last edited by bamaga; January 28th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American

This number of potential targets along with the already committed speaks to a total rebuild. It's likely a good many of our players will be encouraged to move on above and beyond those graduated and early draftees.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’m just summarizing the article on SB nation-

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1/...ball-nsd-saban

Of course , if it’s on the Internet, it must be true!
    Young’s committed, so that puts the total to 34.

The “if” of Ealy and To’oto’o and Heimuli not happening (meaning Alabama gets only one of the LBs) puts the number at 32, which seems more doable.

Last edited by RTR91; January 29th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

The “if” of Ealy and To’oto’o and Heimuli not happening (only one of the LBs) puts the number at 32, which seems more doable.

Out of all the names mentioned, who do you think Bama gets? I'd love to get Ealy, To'oto'o and Pickering, if no others.............since Young is committed

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Out of all the names mentioned, who do you think Bama gets? I'd love to get Ealy, To'oto'o and Pickering, if no others.............since Young is committed
    To keep perspective here...there is a chance we go 0 for 4 on that group. I mean, this is a rough business and Ealy surely will go for baseball money, To'oto'o goes to Oregon on his final visit, it is hard to flip Mississippi recruits from in state schools and Young, just never can tell. I am an optimist but if we can get 50% of those guys we are doing great.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    To keep perspective here...there is a chance we go 0 for 4 on that group. I mean, this is a rough business and Ealy surely will go for baseball money, To'oto'o goes to Oregon on his final visit, it is hard to flip Mississippi recruits from in state schools and Young, just never can tell. I am an optimist but if we can get 50% of those guys we are doing great.
    I’d take 50 percent

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

The “if” of Ealy and To’oto’o and Heimuli not happening (meaning Alabama gets only one of the LBs) puts the number at 32, which seems more doable.

Williams is committed but most likely will not sign so the signed/committed total is 27. I see us finishing with Sopsher, Pickering, To'oto'o and the TE for a total of 31. I believe we signed 21 last year so we can back count 4. That leaves 27 with 25 spots so two will blue/greyshirt if these are the numbers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Williams is committed but most likely will not sign so the signed/committed total is 27. I see us finishing with Sopsher, Pickering, To'oto'o and the TE for a total of 31. I believe we signed 21 last year so we can back count 4. That leaves 27 with 25 spots so two will blue/greyshirt if these are the numbers.
    Can players blueshirt if they have been officially recruited (i.e. paid official school visit or in home visit by a coach)? I read a while back that this was not allowed but I haven't kept up with the rules.